Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help me in making our streets safer from hoons?

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Probably going to start some huge debate but I don't care, I think something should be done.. I'm doing the opposite to what those hoons with camera phones are doing in the other thread.

I use mine to take pictures of people who can't drive for **** then enter their details on idiotdriver.com.au.. took about 10 pictures yesterday, it's a good feeling knowing at the very least these d*ckheads with their "racing cars" dangerously overtaking us on the freeway just to get stuck behind another car or something can be publicly mocked, and have their parents take away the car they gave them lol

OK that's harsh, but still it's a good use for your camera phone, you're sitting on the speed limit then some hoon cuts in front of you 10cm from hitting your car, and you feel bad knowing nothing can be done.. well you can whip out your camera phone and snap their number plate, then when you view the photo later it should tell you the time of the day/date and by looking at the photo you can see where it is

Now I know I'm not the police and it's probably none of my/anyone elses business and they might not ever see the thing on idiotdriver.com.au but it's something we can do ourselves to make our streets maybe 1% safer and get a fuzzy warm feeling knowing we can get ours back :p

Peace

(PS attatched an example pic taken with my N70, plate blurred out of coarse but you get the idea, and it's just to remember their rego/car type)

Last edited:

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
My bad, I just reread the other thread and it seems this is what they are advising people to do.. d'oh on my behalf (hey I was half asleep when I read it).. but still if you don't want to report to the police there's always idiotdriver.com.au

Mods/Admins if you want to delete or merge this into the other one go right ahead

vinnywelsh

Bored Technician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 3.8L Berlina
Thing is you would get booked for using your mobile phone!

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I was about to say same thing!! lol

Id be behind ya snapin a pic of ya car because you were weaving all over the road whilst try to take a photo with ya phone of the guy who cut ya off. & behind me is the next person doin the same thing cause Im now doin it too :p

D.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
I dont think there plate should of been blured, if they were doin somthing illiegal they should cop whatever they get IMO.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
good stuff. will be doing that when i get a phone capable. Mine seems to be soooo far from whatever you take pics of, would never pick up a numberplate. N70 seems pretty good?

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
vinnywelsh said:
Thing is you would get booked for using your mobile phone!

just say someone in the passenger seat took it. however photos dont prove much. switch the phone to video mode.

i got a z1010. a flip phone. by the time i open it and start the camera the car will be long gone.

oh and vlv8vic, i know a few people with the n70, and they seem like one heck of a nice phone.

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
What's the difference between someone overtaking you and you taking a photo of a car whilst in motion?
As for idiotdriver.com.au, I can't believe someone has wasted their resources building that site. Seems like a site for grumpy people who have a chip on their shoulders against other people's driving.
Plenty of times I have to cut in front of someone and missing them by 20-30cm because they wouldn't let me pass them.

helly

FUZZ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 SSV Ute Poison Ivy...
2Fast2FuriousDude said:
Plenty of times I have to cut in front of someone and missing them by 20-30cm because they wouldn't let me pass them.

I guess its your God given right to overtake people then... If you have to pull in that close, I'd suggest you were possibly committing at least one of the following offences;

Not overtake on right side of vehicle when safe

Driving in a manner dangerous

Predatory Driving

Negligent Driving

Not display P-Plates (No offence to those of you who really can drive!)

And lets say you hit them, then guess who's fault it is? Yours...
Unless you can prove that they accelerated when you tried to overtake them then you're srewed, and I'll tell ya, that's a bitch to prove!

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
I don't have to show P-Plates, last time I checked I had a full license.
Yes nearly 90 per cent of the time the car is accelerating or the other times there is a car in the left hand and one car in the right hand not moving. So you have no choice to do what I have do sometimes.