Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help me!

Soupupmycommy94

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6 VE
Hi everyone I need some help. Can someone tell me the average price on a sports exhaust system for a VE Commodore? Or any kind of exhaust system? I want it to sound throaty but no too over-the-top. I'm new to all of this so I have no idea what to look for and what price things should be? :help:

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
$899.95 inc. gst

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
Hi everyone I need some help. Can someone tell me the average price on a sports exhaust system for a VE Commodore? Or any kind of exhaust system? I want it to sound throaty but no too over-the-top. I'm new to all of this so I have no idea what to look for and what price things should be? :help:

a 2.5 inch system is about right for 6's. look on various websites. if it is a non SIDI engine it can be really easy to find. however in the case you do have an SIDI engine the only place i have seen do a exhaust system for SIDI engine is walkinshaw peformance and they will charge a priemum being that they are only "factory backed" modification company.

there are many types to look for. stainless steel for if you like it showy and shiney. mild steel for not caring about those things. will give the same properties if from the same company

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Mild steel vs stainless will NOT give the same properties.

The sound will be different and durability will be different. Performance should be the same though.

In terms of brands, the search function shall yield the answers you seek and pricing can be source from a number of our sponsors and also not_an_abba_fan.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
For a nice exhaust note you'll want to get the exhaust with a V8 on the end of it.

A nice sounding V6 exhaust is a rarity.

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI
For a nice exhaust note you'll want to get the exhaust with a V8 on the end of it.

A nice sounding V6 exhaust is a rarity.

you oviously have not heard the VAG 15 degree v6. its essentially an inline 6 with the v slightly cantered...!

these things sound orgasmic.

heres a little top gear for you worth the 10 minutes of your life

Last edited by a moderator:

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Im taking about Alloytec V6s though....

rang427

3.6 luxury spec
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 3.6 SIDI

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Considering the thread is about Alloytec V6 exhaust systems I would have thought it was obvious to most and didn't require pictures.