Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Needed - Rebuild red 202

DaveInBris

Reaction score
Members Ride
NA
Hi all,

I'm looking for someone who is able to rebuild a red 202. The car is in Logan area, Brisbane. Can work on it in the carport here, or I can drive it to you locally (it won't get very far in it's current state :p).

A decent amount of cash is on offer to someone who can get this old girl up and running and purring again. Interested? Or know someone who is? Get in touch :)

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Much much much cheaper to find a good second hand one if possible, then you can buy a engine crane and put it in yourself with the money saved.

dags061

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Vacationer 253, VH SL 185 pack 253
I have a Blue 202 here and bought it for the gearbox.Have never heard it running but was told it was in good nick. Came out of a VC.I am at Victoria Pt. 4165.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Is it a matching numbers car?
If not it would probably be cheaper to buy a second hand motor or even better if your not in a rush the Holden straight six is a great place to cut your teeth on a rebuild (nice a simple engine).

Last edited:

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Yep fix it yourself. Red six has to be about the simplest motor ever built. Great way to learn about engines. Play with it, mod it, learn. In the meantime, stick a cheap secondhand one in. They are cheap and expendable.