Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help needed

Mcbennie

Reaction score
Members Ride
06' VZ Commodore Sv6
I have 2 issues that i really hope you guys can help me with
1. I tried to turn my traction control off the other day and nothing happened, so a friends suggested i check if it was plugged in, so i took of the console and there wasnt even a wiring harness for it in the space, only the just unplugged power window harness. So, where is it and how do it fix this?

2. When i plugged the windows back in and clipped the console back down etc, the check engine light came on. What has gone wrong?

Thank you in advance, ive only had this car a few weeks and its giving me the shits

newjack

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz sv6, Vs s2 manual, Vy ss manual
My traction control wouldn't work one time while driving.. After I drove it numerous times that day it kept doing it.. Next morning it works again and hasn't happened again since!

Mcbennie

Reaction score
Members Ride
06' VZ Commodore Sv6
My traction control wouldn't work one time while driving.. After I drove it numerous times that day it kept doing it.. Next morning it works again and hasn't happened again since!

But see the issue with mine isnt that fact its not working, but it not only isnt plugged in, the wiring harness for it isnt in the compartment where it should be along with the power window harness!

Capsule

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE Omega
I have 2 issues that i really hope you guys can help me with
1. I tried to turn my traction control off the other day and nothing happened, so a friends suggested i check if it was plugged in, so i took of the console and there wasnt even a wiring harness for it in the space, only the just unplugged power window harness. So, where is it and how do it fix this?

2. When i plugged the windows back in and clipped the console back down etc, the check engine light came on. What has gone wrong?

Thank you in advance, ive only had this car a few weeks and its giving me the shits

The only way to know what's going on is to plug an ODB2 scanner and check the codes. For such a basic task, a cheap wifi (iPhone) or Bluetooth (Android) dongle + the appropriate software would do the trick.

Anyway, why would the power window switches be disconnected in the first place?
About traction control, I think I've read in other threads than some VZ models didn't came with traction control. If the console has been replaced with one from another model, that would explain why you have a switch but no harness.

Apparently there's another guy here with a VZ SV6 with no traction control button:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au.../70762-vz-sv6-no-traction-control-button.html

Mcbennie

Reaction score
Members Ride
06' VZ Commodore Sv6
The only way to know what's going on is to plug an ODB2 scanner and check the codes. For such a basic task, a cheap wifi (iPhone) or Bluetooth (Android) dongle + the appropriate software would do the trick.

Anyway, why would the power window switches be disconnected in the first place?
About traction control, I think I've read in other threads than some VZ models didn't came with traction control. If the console has been replaced with one from another model, that would explain why you have a switch but no harness.

Apparently there's another guy here with a VZ SV6 with no traction control button:
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au.../70762-vz-sv6-no-traction-control-button.html

Thanks for that mate. The check engine light is gone now and when when it was there the system check the car does on start up said everything was ok.
Is the cable for the TC still there and i can splice into the wiring with a new harness or is there no one to do that as easy as i think?