Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[HELP] Nice sounding System on a Budget

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
kenwood splits and mtx's i got from a car audio shop closing down sale (the mtx's are at autobarn for $199 new). Amps came off ebay, same with the subs, wiring kit from supercheap auto, and saved myself alot doing the install by myself, i already had past experience tho :whistling

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
i bought this amp kit and was very happy with it for the price - 4 GA + 8 GA PROFESSIONAL AMP WIRING KIT (RRP $149.00) - eBay Accessories, Cables, Audio, Video, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 13-Oct-08 18:46:26 AEST)

but i agree with all the people saying go to jaycar. theyre amps are really good value, their splits are good and on par with splits double the price, and i have their venom sub and it goes quite nicely. definately the place to look for a good sounding system on a budget

Yeah I've had one of those wiring kits too, for the price was great. If you're on a budget I wouldn't hesitate recommending it.

With regard to Jaycar, they're stuff is quite good for the price you pay; and that's the important point. For a $200 amplifier, they are quite good. Better certainly than American Boss and other amps at that end of the price range. Same for their speakers, not bad for the price - BUT don't get tricked into thinking that Jaycar is the best gear you can have. If you want REALLY good quality sound, you'll have to pay for it. That's just how it is.

I often get the feeling that some people here think that their Jaycar splits are the best splits in the world, and therefore everyone should have them. They're really not the best splits, and their amps really aren't the best amps - they're just good value for money. When I sold my last car, I had a JL Audio 300/4 amp, which I wanted to keep. I replaced it with a 4 ch Jaycar amp, and there was a huge difference in quality between them. Granted the JL amp cost about 4 times what the Jaycar one did, but the point is that the Jaycar amp just wasn't that good compared to a mid/high end amplifier.

So yeah, thats my rant. Just keep that in mind, that the game doesn't end with Jaycar.