Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help, vr dash to vp

vn88holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP/VR lexon wagon
just noticed that the vr dash has the wiring loom would i be able to plug that into the main big arse plug thats near the drivers kick panel. if the vp has that plug.

orinoko

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina S2
just noticed that the vr dash has the wiring loom would i be able to plug that into the main big arse plug thats near the drivers kick panel. if the vp has that plug.

Hehe, I wish. Unfortunately the VN and VP dash loom simply runs through the firewall into the engine bay, with no plug separating the two. The VR and VS dash has a plug separating them, which is something holdens have been doing ever since.

vn88holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP/VR lexon wagon
Hehe, I wish. Unfortunately the VN and VP dash loom simply runs through the firewall into the engine bay, with no plug separating the two. The VR and VS dash has a plug separating them, which is something holdens have been doing ever since.

dam it dam it dam it lol. ok well ill put them pics up 2morrow or through the week of the switch blocks.

NEDWOB

Reaction score
Website
ozwagons.iforums.us
Members Ride
VN WAGON
i run a vs s2 stato loom in my vn wagon with the vr caprice dash.vq climate HVAC box and a vn L3 cluster moded for the vr loom. it works a treat and the car is still running a s1 ecu. this was the easy option even with after market alarms this can still be done.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Wow, A lot of you guys make this sound a lot harder than it is hahaha

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
well please help than if you know the easy way.

I did this 5+ years backnow mate.
HoZy_dash_vn_old.JPG

Go nuts mate... Some info i send to people, It's just a collection of a ton of stuff that will help you out.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/876493/VQ/Wiring/HoZy_dash.rar

Cheers
Mat

Vp custom

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp berlina s2
I have successfully done this conversion, take the complete vp dash, wirein loom out. Get a vr loom, (motor loom and all) and plug and play as I call it!! You will need to take apart your headlights, and put vr wiring inside the vp headlight!!! That's a must do... Other wise you will find as soon as u put your battery terminals on all lights, parkers, high and low beam will come on.... Any Q feel free to ask... Ow yea u will need a vr gearbox too