Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with BA fan boy

pearlhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
BA MKII Fairmont Ghia
This is my vehicle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
My car is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
My car, without me, is useless. Without my car, I am useless. I must steer my car true. I must drive faster than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...
My car and I know that what counts in war is not the tyres we fry, the noise of our intake, nor the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit...
My car is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its brakes and its ignition barrel. I will keep my car clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...
Before God, I swear this creed. My car and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.
So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy, but peace!

coUBrI1.gif

AlexVSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Holden VS Commodore S, 3.8 n/a
Some people a few pages back brought up the BA wagon's alleged "cart springs"

I really hate when people bring this up like it's a bad thing. It's not, because they're meant to have the so called cart springs, because they're better at what the Falcon Wagon is designed for-which is carrying a big heavy load. Just like the Falcon Ute has and still has cart springs, and, for the record, the Holden 1 tonner of the VY/VZ series as well did as well. Leaf springs do a job, and they do it well.

I've driven-did 90% of my time on my L's as well as occasionally here and there afterwards a BA Wagon that is in the family. 90% of around town, ordinary driving, you wouldn't know it was a wagon. Push it a bit harder, when it's a bit empty in the back, and you start to notice the difference but if you brought a BA, or any Falcon Wagon or any station wagon for that matter, expecting something that handles like it's on rails, I only have to ask what were you smoking? It's a family load carrier, capable of moving 5 people and their stuff, not a sports car. If you want superior handling and performance, get a sedan. If you need to move stuff, get a wagon. Simple.

The Falcon I6 engine beats any Holden 6 since the VN. The mere fact is in 2002 the VY Supercharged L67 had less power than the naturally aspirated I6 engine. Stick a turbo on the Falcon 6, you're competing with and often beating the 8's. How many L67's are there out there that seriously compete with any post 2000 V8 motors? V8's? Holden have the edge here, but then again I can't help but get the feeling that post BA, and the introduction of the XR6 Turbo, Ford doesn't care.

Bottom line is I'm not going to come out and say either car is conclusively superior to the other. I would, and have, driven both, and I would buy either again in the future. In fact my short list for a new car is either a BF Fairlane or WM Statesman. It will be factors such as price and condition of available vehicles that guide my purchase decisions, not a view towards the merits or demerits of either vehicle.

WHCapriceHBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VX
The most "I don't want to live on this planet anymore" moment of your life, is when the BA XT fan boy attempts to show you exactly why his BA XT ex-taxi is so much better than every other car in existence:

BA Fanboy: : "Brooooooooo, seriously this BA is so awesome. Come and check out the wicked feature I found in it the other day."

*leads me outside to the dilapidated BA and opens the driver's door and gets into the drivers seat*

BA Fanboy: "Dude, you gotta see this. It pulls ALL the chicks, ALL the time, without fail. Its seriously awesome. I've never seen a car that can do this. You ready to see this?"

Me: "Um, okay....."

BA Fanboy then pulls the steering column height/reach adjustment lock lever undone in his BA. He then stares me dead in the eyes, without blinking, for a good ten seconds, while he rams the steering column in and out, rapidly to demonstrate that he has found the ultimate "chick magnet" move- a reach adjustable steering column.

During the next drive into the city, at a set of lights, he rolled down his window to the girl in the Honda Accord next to us, unlocked the steering column adjustment lever and locked eyes with the hapless girl and proceeded to ram the steering column in and out about 10 times very hard, while giving her an expressionless, creepy face.
I pretty much sunk into the seat and pretended I had not got in this car, and I was mentally somewhere else, in my happy place.

He tried to impress my fiancee with the same move yesterday, casually bringing it up in conversation. She looked at me and then back at the demented twit sitting in the Falcon, wanking his steering column rapidly in and out, with a smug look on his face.

"Mine has electric adjustment for that" she said before she walked off.

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
sadly fanboy won't know what 'electric' means.