Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with bcm for vr Calais

RedBull77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY VC VK
I brought another bcm and key head but unsure if it's same the one I pull out of my car is a 795 and the new one is 379 both have hi, I don't want to open the new one as if its not the same I can't get a refund

RedBull77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY VC VK
I guess you didn't read the part where I said if I open it I can't get a refund let alone change it over for the right one

yoshi87

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
normally if the nbumbers arent the same then the bcm's r different, u really need to try and track down a bcm wit hte same number as ur original one, the key heads can be programmed but can only be programmed once so u need a set of new heads, its a head #### but only an auto elec or someone wit the right computer can set it up

RedBull77

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY VC VK
Was hoping I could just change the bcm that came with another key but now that seems impossible I was just hoping that someone could tell me if the 795 and the 379 were interchangeable as the 379 was out of another calais as I didn't want to open it up and find out it's not and that I was also told if it is the wrong one they can catch alight

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
If both are same level and have the same connections then one would assume it should work...