Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help with doing the harmonic balancer bolt

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
RB20DETVL said:
well you could try putting it in park with the handbrake on and doing it up, that should also work...

hahahaha your kidding right..... :flame:

RB20DETVL

Reaction score
Website
home.iprimus.com.au
Members Ride
83 VH SL/E soon to be 5L
yes, yes i am kidding... no im not... he said it wouldnt work...im telling him itll work..

D

dumpd6

i just used a long it of tube steel over the breaker bar it get better leverage and then just gave it quick jolts.. did that a few times round. and it hasnt faller off yet. did the same with the fly wheel an thats still holding

M

madmitch

GOD if you put a AUTO-TRANS in park the engine will still turn so no it will not work..... if you put a auto in park the engine still run's when it going.. so your ider will not work............ :hit: .........Doctor Bob ider has the right ider

RB20DETVL

Reaction score
Website
home.iprimus.com.au
Members Ride
83 VH SL/E soon to be 5L
well.. well have to do something about athat... we much find away to screw up the auto bad enough so the engine will not turn over =P, mi bad what the hell was i thinking.. long day at work....

Simply way to do it is to buy a bloddy manual.. its on my list of things to do.. who needs suspension when you have a manual..

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
you can always just put a bar across to the passenger side chassis rail. disconnect the coil lead and then crank the motor.