Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with Personal loan

Status
Not open for further replies.

rippen50

Braaap
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-Z UTE MY12.5
Ok boys, its got to a part in my life where i need to grab myself a personal loan, few health things have come up which i require some cash nothing major but need the moolah lol

Anyways my situation i have two defaults (Paid) from when i was 18 (IDIOT) im now 24 and this still haunts me to this date i can't even get a phone plan!

Basically i have had a personal loan for the last year with a max of $2000 and thats about to end (High interest)

I need a minimum $5000 and don't know where to start, there is all these companies who charge you to much and i can't afford to pay off a high interest loan... I was just wondering if there is anyone in my situation who knows my best loan option?

Also before anyone states i shouldn't risk it again or whatever, I have matured i pay my current loan every week on time and double the payments so shhh

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
Who is your car loan through Mate? they could be a good option...

Credit defaults from 6 years ago should have disappeared off your credit file by now(you can check but it attracts a small fee lol doesn't everything)as they work on a 5 year history I believe.

EDIT..looks like that "small" fee is $60. http://www.mycreditfile.com.au/products-and-pricing/ but might be worth getting one anyway to see where your credit rating is at presently(sounds like defaults appearing still if you cant get a phone on plan though)..So,as above sound out your car lender??

Last edited:

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Id go have a chat to ur bank and see what they can do. They have a lot of pull in regards to loans and may scribble U a letter re the default and get it sorted for u

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
If you have defaults on your credit report you are going to struggle getting a personal loan considering there won't even be any security on it.

Your only chance is a high interest loan as you are a risk until your credit report is clean.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Do you need to spend all the money at once, or in dribs and drabs. A debit card loan thru the bank maybe an option, you only pay interest on what you use.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
$5,000? Save for a few weeks... Or even a couple of months if you don't earn that much. $5,000 isn't a lot of money to wait a bit to save. MUCH better option.

kingyinperth

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 2012 Heron SS Thunder Ute M6
$5,000? Save for a few weeks...

not really with the normal people are you mate..lets see,he saves 1700 per week..that would mean he would have to be earning 2500 NET per week (roughly 200k gross)at least,taking into account mortgage/or rent,household expenses,car payment etc etc for deductible necessary expenses...

what a douche..................................

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
Based on my forecast it would take me about 7 months at least of very, very heavy saving to get to $5000 when I start work again in middle of year (after finishing degree)....

A question is - how urgent are medical issues? Could it wait several months, or is it potentially life-threatening?

Status
Not open for further replies.