Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with price for selling VT

lufkin

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Manual LS1 Statesman & VT V6 Calais
considering i got my series 1 calais for less years ago, i wouldnt pay anywhere near the asking price you want, sorry to say but its a dressed up series 1 commodore, sorta of like the saying, you cant polish a turd, no matter what mods it has, its still just a series 1 vt unfortunatly and can get a vy for less

matvex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh Commodore
it is worth 2k. I'd keep it and continue driving it until he wheels fall off and save a pile of dough to buy down the track or even a house or something.

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Just had a quick look on the first page on car sales. Most are between $3.5k and $5.5k advertised but $1k was the lowest and $8k is the highest. In my experience private sellers around that price over quote about $500 to allow for offers. The cheapest are probably in pretty poor shape and/or sellers looking for a quick sale. The expensive one's are dreaming on price

daz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY11 V6 Calais SII
Ahh that's not what I want to hear haha. Thanks for the input guys. Might start it at 4.5 negotiable and see if there are any nibbles, if not I can alway drop the price. Cheers

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Good thinking "daz". We all know we have to start somewhere and often need to negotiate well for the sale.

Sell the sizzle and not the steak.......have it immaculate, have all the books and service records on show, have the tank at least 1/2 full or more, have the oil right on the top line, have it locked away in a garage at home if you can, and be sure the engine is cold to show the prospective purchaser nothing is tricked up on starting it.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
To put it into perspective, plenty of VE Omegas on Carsales with up to 170,000ks for $10-16,000, so why would someone pay $5,500-6,000 for a VT with high ks? We all want some of what we have put into our cars when we sell, but as been stated, added extras are only a benefit if the prospective purchaser wants those mods.
When you can now buy VT SS, and Clubbys for around $7,000-11,000, it says it all.

frewcha

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
debadge adds 5 grand so youve got a bit of money there prob an extra 3 or so grand not to mention the red calipers thats another grand eas, in all honesty good luck with the sale im about to trade my vt in 220k's and what not and im only getting 2 grand

cwaigos

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 SS 5.0L
I was offered $3800 for my 99 SS with 140kms on the clock in good condition bar a 4 lil dents on the body. To me that's a joke but it does depend on where your selling.

daz08

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY11 V6 Calais SII
To put it into perspective, plenty of VE Omegas on Carsales with up to 170,000ks for $10-16,000, so why would someone pay $5,500-6,000 for a VT with high ks? We all want some of what we have put into our cars when we sell, but as been stated, added extras are only a benefit if the prospective purchaser wants those mods.
When you can now buy VT SS, and Clubbys for around $7,000-11,000, it says it all.

Yea true but i think my target audience will be young p platers who can't afford a 10g car or be allowed to own a v8.