Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help with rwc

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Tank will need to be tested and or replaced pronto.

trel

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VXII Equipe Wagon
My mechanic organised a mobile gas guy to come recertify my tank. The rwc mechanic should organise it for you.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Hey guys , another question, my vr is duel fuel and the tank expired in 2018 so will the roadworthy guys do the tank test or will I need to get a tank test then go somewhere else for a roadworthy ? and does it matter if I get the roadworthy or tank test first ?

You won't pass the roadworthy with an expired gas tank. It will need to be re-tested, along with the rest of the gas system

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Hey guys , another question, my vr is duel fuel and the tank expired in 2018 so will the roadworthy guys do the tank test or will I need to get a tank test then go somewhere else for a roadworthy ? and does it matter if I get the roadworthy or tank test first ?
You’ll need to get the tank test as well as a gas certificate for it to pass the roadworthy. The tank recertification costs quite a bit. I got quoted $550 to rectify my tank as it’s due in August.

Most roadworthy places probably won’t do the gas stuff as they need a gas fitter on staff to be able to do it. You would probably be best finding a mechanic that does gas work as well as roadworthies so you can kill two birds with one stone.

Z94vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 vr commodore executive