Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help!!!

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
Now i got your attention, just wondering how id go removing the snorkel from the airbox in my vt xu6 so i can paint it, its got a kinda star shaped head on it, any help appreciated, thanx in advance

R

rattattack1313

Have a loook in the tool section at Supercheap....my local one has a set of driver heads..all different shapes..... :thumbsup:

slowr8

Reaction score
Members Ride
vtII Clubsport M6
dam you blokes are up early!

Yeah they were originaly in computers to stop people "fixing" them...

It's just a different head on the end of a screwdriver you need...rat (as always) got it in one....

R

rattattack1313

Early???? this is late for me...... I was reading until about 3 am.....then , when the storm finished, logged back in........ :yeah:

Reaction score
Website
members.dodo.net.au
Members Ride
VT 'S' Supercharged V6
Charg'd_VT_Xu6 said:
removing the snorkel from the airbox in my vt xu6
Do you mean the 2 screws in front of the snorkel opening? Unless the VT XU6 is different to a VT S then mine just has phillips head screws which simply screw out with a regular PH screw driver then you simply prise out the push in plastic bung thingy that expands when the screw is tightnened and the snorkel breaks away from the airbox easily.

Z

ZER0

SUPERV6 said:
Do you mean the 2 screws in front of the snorkel opening? Unless the VT XU6 is different to a VT S then mine just has phillips head screws which simply screw out with a regular PH screw driver then you simply prise out the push in plastic bung thingy that expands when the screw is tightnened and the snorkel breaks away from the airbox easily.
mines the same... regular ph driver does the trick

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
My VT SS has the torque screw heads (Star shaped).

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
he might be talking about the torx head bolts in the bottom of the airbox too, there are two types of torx heads, ones with a pin in the centre of the star which are called tamperproof torx and the standard torx which are inside the vt onwards airboxes.

Charg'd

Reaction score
Members Ride
ford
thanx for the responses guys, i was talking about the torque screws, ill go to supercheap & see if i can get some, thanx again