Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

||| hi_ryder's VP Calais LS1

Terminal

Stealth
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais
Well you're both wrong/right. CRS use their own **** which Sam had the problems with. CAE use the pacemakers which are supposed to be good.

they're different companies but use some of the same stuff. Like I think the CRS starter kit is the CAE kit or at least it was.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
my point was that dirby often doesnt have a clue what he is on about :p

so where im gonna need some information on this wiring business, is how do hook up the VSS and speedo. can anyone provide the following information

how many pulse per mile does the original V6 transmission sender and speedo use?
can anyone provide wiring schematics for the V6, namely ill need cruise control, trip computer, AC circuit, and anything "calais related". my goal is to have all the calais features functioning with the new engine.
i need an evaporative loss system schematic, ideally i need some kind of schematic on the entire LS1 fuel system, but the most important bit is the evap loss. TBH im at a loss on how this fuel system operates.

what does the V6 use in the way of pollution control? i know it has catalytic converters and evaporative loss, does it have a smog pump or EGR? since ryders car is unregestered, it means we will HAVE to run this past an engineer prior to registration.

thats it for now.

Geek2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina 3.8L
I will pm you a link for some service manuals, the VP one has alot of information including a handful of wiring diagrams, the VY/VZ one might come in handy too!

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
cheers buddy!

gonna throw this up so I can access on my desktop PC

View attachment RYDERSoriginal.rar

ah! this pic explains heaps:
Picture005.jpg

thats the purge control solenoid. alls we need do is keep that and plug your current carbon cannister into it and we're set :) either that or keep your WH one. prolly best keep both in case. means we probably wont need to swap the whole sender unit over. which is a relief.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
ari popped by on sunday with his laptop and scan tools. took the wh for a fang and and finally logged his first stock ls tune... also it took us a while to figure out the abs module was cooked, the reason why the car wouldnt communicate with his gear. unplugged it and everything worked.

the tranny is taking too long to shift into 2nd, so it my need a service or some new shift solenoids or something. ari says its definitely not slipping so i think were golden.... engine is running really good...

2014-10-05_11-00-18_298_zpsc405f0ac.jpg

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
Any idea what to do with the power steering?

no, but im stealing the rack off the donor car just in case.... could get lucky and only have to swap out the rack ends.