Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HIDs not working

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
erm...thats not 10,000K and I completly understand how a colour spectrum works mate and I don't care what refraction you have in there....that is NOT 10,000K you got jibbed.

Sorry to disagree with you mate, but I know my kelvins...and not just in HIDs trust me, there is no way in hell you can ever make me believe that is a 10kK bulbs. It's just not possible. Besides, the light output is FAR too bright for a 35W bulb...not even a 55W bulb could output THAT much light in a parabola focused reflector with a "fisheye" as you like to call it. For light to change colour it must first pass over a "black body mass" Inside the fog lamp housing, it has not done this, its simply passed through a refraction lens with varying degrees of thickness (thats your "fisheye") if you have done your research then you would know that as you pass light through a refraction lens it will indeed change colour ...through the whole colour sprectum. Not just a single colour...but the whole pretty pretty rainbow....not white...but the rainbow.

Looks like you have closer to 5000-6000 more then likely 6,000. I don't care what the box says either...

BaggedVL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Shaggin Waggin
Besides, the light output is FAR too bright for a 35W bulb...not even a 55W bulb could output THAT much light in a parabola focused reflector with a "fisheye" as you like to call it

umm, my 35watt 6000k hid's in my "fisheye" headlights have just as much output as 100watt halogen globes in my highbeams...

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
for sure...at 6,000K I would expect much more then a 100 wat halogen.... but at 10,000K the light "output" or visible light is greatly reduced.

LoveB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS s1
8000k is the very bluish kind. 10k is almost pure blue. 12k is purplish. 26k-30k is pink.

3000k is yellow

4300k is factory oem

6000k is white

i forgot what green was lol