Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High Blood Pressure?

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
Ey guys, went for my gym assessment last night and I had my blood pressure taken and it was 165/100 BP.

The PT was extreamly worried about me so pretty much forced me to go to the doctors, i'm waiting for the results in the next few days.

I'm 19, about 6"2", weigh 80kg and have a 7% bodyfat I take creatine everytime i workout and have been for about 2 months straight, also take one protien shake a day. I'm spose to cycle the creatine 8 weeks on, 4 weeks off which i have been.

I figured it was the creatine doing this so i've stopped taking it immediately, anything else i should consider? When the PT said that having a blood pressure of 165/100 in a resting state is extreamly dangerous it kinda got me worried.

I know asking a car forum isnt the best place to ask but i have been to the doctors so im waiting for my results, so thought id chuck a post here if anyone has been in a similar situation or is even a doctor.

Cheers

Shane

P.S. I don't take steroids and creatine isnt steroids :)

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
What were you doing just before the test? I had a blood pressure test at the gym once and it was 145/100?. But I ran 5ks and then straight into the assesment. Anyway I had another test a few days later and it was 110/70 which is my normal blood pressure. So don't panic about it too much, even being stressed can make it go up 20 points

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
excese salt in your diet, i had to much salt in my diet and it caused my blood pressure to sky rocket. once they found that out, i cut back and i was right as rain in a few weeks, but i did take coversyl to keep it down while they found it.

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
What were you doing just before the test? I had a blood pressure test at the gym once and it was 145/100?. But I ran 5ks and then straight into the assesment. Anyway I had another test a few days later and it was 110/70 which is my normal blood pressure. So don't panic about it too much, even being stressed can make it go up 20 points

Umm i wasn't really doing much actually, i had a creatine shake the day before on my back/bicep day, I had work during the day which is a desk job, and then relaxed at home. Ill have another BP test in a few days to double check :) cheers Foamy, im probably stressing over nothing

excese salt in your diet, i had to much salt in my diet and it caused my blood pressure to sky rocket. once they found that out, i cut back and i was right as rain in a few weeks, but i did take coversyl to keep it down while they found it.

I eat pretty healthy 9 times outa 10, eat foods such as sushi, rice, chicken, pasta etc, I'll keep track for the next few days what sort of foods i eat, dinner time is what ever mum makes which is usually good for you. Thanks Garth

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
My Father has highish blood pressure so hes got the machine at home to test himself. He only had a desk job untill he recently retired. But even doing his desk job his blood pressure would be up to 150 in the afternoons, on his days off it would be 120. Now that he's retired it's low all the time. I'm sure in alot of cases it's diet related and stuffed arteries etc, but stress and exersize can give you really wonky readings

DVS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6
You're a young guy I wouldn't worry about it, probably was gas :D

P.S. I don't take steroids and creatine isnt steroids :)
You tried Cell Tech, practically a steroid will destroy your kidneys.

P.S. You aware ?

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Creatine will not raise your blood pressure.

SV62NV

Scuba Steve
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SV6
You're a young guy I wouldn't worry about it, probably was gas :D

You tried Cell Tech, practically a steroid will destroy your kidneys.

P.S. You aware ?

Never have but i heard some people use it as code word for steroids as talking about steroids is naughty :D , cause of the benefits the manufacturers say it gives you is as much as steroids give you, don't know if that is true or not, havent looked into it, only supplements i have taken are no-xplode creatine, Low and high carb protien (high carb in morning, low carb at night), tried out testosterone pills a few months ago, was a load of **** and a waste of $120 bucks. Thats about it :)

badaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VX S
Ask other family members if they have high blod pressure mate. Both my Grandfathers my Dad and 2 uncles have it and so do I. In some people its high because they are unfit and overweight, but some people its a family thing like me. Have you been getting a few head aches for awhile that is a good sign that you've had it for sometime. At worst you will have to take a tablet every day to lower it. The tablets cost around $20-$25 a month.

D_BLOCK

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VF SS UTE
It wont be the creatine, but what about energy drinks etc...Your a young guy I bet you knock those back, or coffee even within an hour before the BP test?
I just turned 33 and Im now on meds for for high BP for life. DONT MUCK AROUND GET IT CHECKED OUT.