Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High mileage ZB Commdores

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
Was just browsing on Carsales and noticed a few fairly high mileage ZBs, for example:
- Diesel wagon with 235,000 kms asking $20,888 (!)
- ZB RS V6 with 183,000 kms asking $23, 995 (!)
- VXR with 173,000 kms asking $31,101 (!)

Admittedly these are fairly high prices and I can't see too many people wanting to pay them, but it got me to thinking about how long I should hang onto mine? Presumably these guys didn't have any major mart failures, eg. engines or transmissions, or difficulty accessing required smaller parts for repairs. So Ï'm starting to think that 150,000 kms is not unreasonable to aim for? If it lasted that long and then went to Simsmetal it'd only be 22 cents per km for the depreciation side of things...

Wondering if anyone here has a high mileage example that has done well, or badly for them?

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD
My ZB Calais V is going as soon as my Tesla Model 3, which in theory at least, is anywhere from now to the end of May. Mine is a LOT less km that your examples tho - I think we're at 34k or so km.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
i just did my 110,000km service on mine everything has been fine apart from one leaky ac hose.

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
i just did my 110,000km service on mine everything has been fine apart from one leaky ac hose.
Ours is starting to often show the 'Shift to Park' message when we stop - hopefully it hangs on til the new car arrives. Next service isn't until August

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
- Diesel wagon with 235,000 kms asking $20,888 (!)
Jesus H, that’s a lot of kms for a car that is less than 5 years old. My SSV has only just hit 222,000 kms and it’s 13 years old.

Generally speaking these days most cars should give you 200,000kms odd of relatively trouble free motoring. After that I think your probably on borrowed time unless you’ve got something bullet proof (like a Toyota).

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
My ZB Calais V is going as soon as my Tesla Model 3, which in theory at least, is anywhere from now to the end of May. Mine is a LOT less km that your examples tho - I think we're at 34k or so km.

I think we're nearly the same as you. Ours isn't daily driven but I do take it out to the golf club whenever I successfully escape the house.

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think we're nearly the same as you. Ours isn't daily driven but I do take it out to the golf club whenever I successfully escape the house.
My wife drives the ZB - her work is oly 10km or so from home, so other than weekends it doesn't go real far. Even our holiday house is only ~50km from home...

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wow......... are you going to give feedback of the EV ownership experience?
We might have to be kind in our comments on Teslas in future.
If people are interested, I'll give feedback once it arrives. It GM were selling some of their EV's in AU I would have considered one, but Holden is dead - and the cars aren't going to last forever. The changes to FBT for leases on EV were also a key driver - doing the whole leave pre-tax is a major saving.

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
Jesus H, that’s a lot of kms for a car that is less than 5 years old. My SSV has only just hit 222,000 kms and it’s 13 years old.

Generally speaking these days most cars should give you 200,000kms odd of relatively trouble free motoring. After that I think your probably on borrowed time unless you’ve got something bullet proof (like a Toyota).
mates work does the Sa police Zbs for sale(removes stickers and lights etc). all arounf the high 90k mark. Front suspension bushes on most flogged out other wise generally no issues