Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

High mileage ZB Commdores

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
If people are interested, I'll give feedback once it arrives. It GM were selling some of their EV's in AU I would have considered one, but Holden is dead - and the cars aren't going to last forever. The changes to FBT for leases on EV were also a key driver - doing the whole leave pre-tax is a major saving.
The FBT changes for EVs are probably going to make a lot more people look at getting an EV if they are leasing.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
mates work does the Sa police Zbs for sale(removes stickers and lights etc). all arounf the high 90k mark. Front suspension bushes on most flogged out other wise generally no issues
I've also heard on this forum that some ZB's have issues with their transmissions and AWD system issues... Things like doors are also apparently hard to find and have to be shipped from Germany...

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD

blackvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS, VE SS ute, VZ SS crewman, VYSS, VX SS, VTSS
I've also heard on this forum that some ZB's have issues with their transmissions and AWD system issues... Things like doors are also apparently hard to find and have to be shipped from Germany...
mates work have been buying wrecked police cars for spare parts, no new stock avaliable

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
mates work have been buying wrecked police cars for spare parts, no new stock avaliable
Yes I realise that but I'm saying other issues in addition to what you listed down as an issue (front suspension parts)

Nik8250

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Commodore
Ours is starting to often show the 'Shift to Park' message when we stop - hopefully it hangs on til the new car arrives. Next service isn't until August
I had the same issue - had to shift to N to turn the engine off and lock the car. The shifter module got replaced under warranty and it's been fine ever since.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
images

Paul Smedley

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY23 Tesla Model 3 RWD, MY23 Tesla Model Y RWD
I had the same issue - had to shift to N to turn the engine off and lock the car. The shifter module got replaced under warranty and it's been fine ever since.
I found a youtube video that suggested 'tweaking' the metal lever on the microswitch - since doing this - it's gone from happening 90% of the time to probably 5%. This will hopefully get me through until the new car arrives in the next month or so :)

Reactions: Lex