Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hilarious over quotes

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
This idea might have been done before, but if not I reckon it might be good for a laugh.

The idea is to share quotes you've have had for either parts or labour that are just way over board.

My story? I got quoted $180 to change the drive belt on my ecotec, a $40 part for a good brand and five minutes labour. I'll think of more later.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
$35 for labour and parts for Holden to replace a front parker. I told them I'd do it myself, thank you very much.

tommygun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
Quoted $2200 to get heads done on a vn v6. Got it done, wasnt even the problem, it was dodgy injector wire.

Quoted $1200 to replace air con compressor on ls1 vy.. $450 for the part, 1/2 hour job.

Quoted $450 to replace tensioner pulley bearing on mazda6... $50 for the part 1/2 hour job.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
I was quoted that when the car was due for a major service. Got the quote, told them they had to be kidding, got the work done by someone else who I could actually trust. Did the parker and spark plugs myself though.

This is the same dealer that had not replaced the brake fluid in what looked like ever, same with the air filter. No way I was going to trust them with my car and charging me for work I doubted they were even going to do.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Quoted $400 to change a SINGLE fog light lense.