Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Hillerus's VP SS

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Looks good mate, very clean

natooo

Reaction score
makes room for the twin thermo's too hey,do u recommend any certain brand of the gilmer drive cos theres some on ebay but yeh.. ebay..

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Yeah, ive been looking at the ones on ebay too.
Any brands in particular to watch out for? Or they all pretty much the same?
Did you put them on yourself? Was it just a direct swap of the pulleys, very easy?
Cheers.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
sweet vp any interior pics,any pwr results,what she do, whats ur future mods?

Hillerus

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VP Exec,Gsx-R 750
Yeah, ive been looking at the ones on ebay too.
Any brands in particular to watch out for? Or they all pretty much the same?
Did you put them on yourself? Was it just a direct swap of the pulleys, very easy?
Cheers.

Cant imagine there would be any trouble with Ebay ones, I bought mine through Performance World Auto Centre in Brissy. Ive had no trouble with mine, so if they can post to you, I would recommend going through them.

I fitted them myself, it was quite easy, however being a mechanic I had access to my own tools etc. I had to fit an electric fan for clearance, the crank and Alternator pulleys just basically unbolt, and the new ones go straight on. I did loose use of my A/C, which didnt concern me, and I had to space my P/S pump forward about 1 inch, as the replacement P/S pulley bolts to the front of the Gilmer Crank Pulley. That caused a few troubles, but once I got the spacing correct it was all good. I did need to move my charcoal canister, and I need to move my battery to the boot, and put the canister in its place. It rubs very slightly on the P/S pump pulley. Other then that, its all good!

I do recommend buying a replacement belt, as its not something you can buy from Repco etc. I havent had trouble, but belts don't last forever!

When I get home, I will film it with the engine running so you can have a listen for yourselves. I wont be home until Friday the 16th November though, unfortunatly :cry: