Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

holden 308 fuel rail question!!!! HELP PLEASE!!!!!

mickymodge4

Reaction score
Website
i592.photobucket.com
Members Ride
vn calais
hey guys i have the fuel rail out of a vn 5litre. At the back where the fuel supply hose is connected to the fuel rail is a steel u shaped fuel line which is screwed into the fuel rail. ( similar to a pwr steer high pressure fitting) my question is there an o ring which fits in the hole where this steel pipe is connected to the fuel rail???? i got the rail from the wreckers so am not sure how its meant to be .....or does anyone have an exploded diagram of the fuel rail please???

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Are you converting a 308 Carb to Injection? Otherwise you should be referring ot your engine as a 304, not a 308.(not that the injection has much to do with the displacement) Which part are you talking about?

KGrHqIOKpEE1qzjMKsBNt6p043Vw_35.jpg

mickymodge4

Reaction score
Website
i592.photobucket.com
Members Ride
vn calais
gday mate im talking bout injection for my vn ss. i cant see in your pics they look like a vt rail and lines if im not mistaken. up the back of the rails (firewall end) on the supply side (non regulator side) on vn models there is a steel "u shaped" pipe which screws into the rail and then the hose with hose clamp attaches to this pipe...

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
is it a straight fitting or tapered? does it a seat or not ?

Straight ftting always require o rings to seal properly tapered and seat style (seat style is like speedflow) do not require o rings

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
My fuel rail/line has an O ring on it and the line is held into the fuel rail with a U shape plate with is secured by 2 screws.

mickymodge4

Reaction score
Website
i592.photobucket.com
Members Ride
vn calais
its a straight fitting just like a pwr steer high pressure hose but ive been to seal shops and tried all different size orings and too small a diam o ring it pops right thru into fuel rail and too big an oring the pipe just cuts an edge off all way round it it when i tighten it....GRRR was wondering if anyone had a vn vp v8 they could wack it off and check for an oring

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR. I thought the fuel rail from vn to vt* are the same. Could be wrong...

mickymodge4

Reaction score
Website
i592.photobucket.com
Members Ride
vn calais
yeh thats what i thought i know vn and vt are different the actual rails are the same the fittings on the end of the rails are different