Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Announce The 2011 Thunder In SS and SV6. On Sale Next Week

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Nah. I keep wads of $50's, it's better insulation ;)

In 5 years I should be able to afford it ;)

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
Please tell me they aren't fitting it with those poxy LEDS.

Coast_Calais

sick of the idiots here
Reaction score
Members Ride
varies
I remeber when thunders were actually tough and looked good. Then again that applies for the whole current Holden line...

When was that?
I'm not having a go at you, but I seem to recall all the "thunder" and "storm's" were always a parts-bin-special with a badge..

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
yeahh doesnt look much different to any other ve ute to me..

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
True, but the VZ thunders were tough, you got the hard lid which I think made the car. Really it was a stab at VE's. Personally don't think much of them and this bullshit about the new thunder is the same as the redline edition crap and the special edition crap where you got left over pontiac crap fronts, and bonnets.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
True, but the VZ thunders were tough, you got the hard lid which I think made the car. Really it was a stab at VE's. Personally don't think much of them and this bullshit about the new thunder is the same as the redline edition crap and the special edition crap where you got left over pontiac crap fronts, and bonnets.

The "redline" edition is a little more than just a dress up kit. For your $2.5k (??) you get brakes, firmer suspension tune and wheels. weather it's value for money - that's something for the individual to decide. Interestingly from what I understand the redline ssv wheels are very light compared to the stock wheels which might make them popular with the track guys. IMO the Storm (and other dress up specials) are completely the opposite to redline which is a substance over style package. Storms have always been nothing more than dress up cars.

Reaper

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
There's a classic example there. If you are correct with your price "$2.5k??" for the Redline, Holden tells the customer "$3000 worth of extra value" for the thunder but you don't see brakes or suspension. It's a load of ****, they should have called the Redline ute the Thunder.. Then there would be some justification in charging so much extra.

Last edited:

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Surprised it doesn't come with a "Thunder" rear window decal to commerorate it's exclusivity...