Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Assist

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Can anyone tell me if Holden assist use GSM technology or Satellite?

I keep getting random calls while i drive along, finally got the number from one of the callers, i can call the car, is there any way of running some sort of mod to use the same system to call out on?

Can anyone explain how the system works exactly?

I do not have an in car phone kit either :p

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
easy peasy, drive down here, ill shown you to ynar south which i can find you a zero spot for the telstra GSM netwrok and well ring ya car... if it works, not GSM, it doesnt, yes GSM.... if its gsm its going to be reception dependadnt and will be consistant with a telstra phone...

aZk.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
that section of the HA uses std GSM technology, the SIM card in the unit is restricted to fixed SMS to the HA centre to indicate various issues with the car.
There are two allowed numbers it can dial out to, the HA centre & NERC (National Emergency Response Centre)
the unit will respond to specific incoming SMS to unlock, cut fuel etc.

Rob

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
that section of the HA uses std GSM technology, the SIM card in the unit is restricted to fixed SMS to the HA centre to indicate various issues with the car.
There are two allowed numbers it can dial out to, the HA centre & NERC (National Emergency Response Centre)
the unit will respond to specific incoming SMS to unlock, cut fuel etc.

Rob

So how is it i am able to call it?

Can i also change sim cards to allow some sort of mod to take place to not have to install an intrusive hands free setup? Or am i just better off trying to find a hands free kit that DOES not need to have a huge mount stuck somewhere?

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
in theory you could change the numbers in it to allow calls out to 2 numbers, but you would be limited to that.
for all the screwing around you will be better of getting a nice aftermarket BT setup, then the phone can be in the console or your pocket.

Rob

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
as docter bob said get a nokia bluetooth handsfree, it integrates with the blaupunkt audio system its a small unit which can be stuck under the dash easily and easily installed, we use them at work