Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parking assistance unavailable? Service parking assist?

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
Hey everyone, my VF SS has been giving an error “service parking assist, park assistance unavailable everytime I put the car into reverse, or manually activate the sensors. Been going it for months, finally took it to a mechanic, he checked with his scanner and said the front driver side sensor is showing an error, he quoted me over 1k to remove bumper, diagnose replace etc.

Anyway I got a brand new sensor from Holden and replaced it today, but the same bloody error is still coming up. Can anyone shed any light into what to do? It irritates me everytime I have to reverse hearing the bloody beep and error message

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Hey everyone, my VF SS has been giving an error “service parking assist, park assistance unavailable everytime I put the car into reverse, or manually activate the sensors. Been going it for months, finally took it to a mechanic, he checked with his scanner and said the front driver side sensor is showing an error, he quoted me over 1k to remove bumper, diagnose replace etc.

Anyway I got a brand new sensor from Holden and replaced it today, but the same bloody error is still coming up. Can anyone shed any light into what to do? It irritates me everytime I have to reverse hearing the bloody beep and error message

make sure the sensor is the exact same part number as the one you replaced and you will need to clear the error with gds2.
i am not sure if you can clear it with a cheap obd tool but you can try.
also make sure the sensor you put in is the same orientation as the one you pulled out because they are directional.

if you can get access to gds2 it will tell you what is going on, if the part is mismatched it will continue to disable park assist.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
I prefer a bit of creative manual parking to help stop people swinging their doors open and denting my car!

20230824_165136.jpg