Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden (commodore) drivers treated unfairly?

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I certainly can't speak for all Commodore drivers.
But I haven't been pulled over even once in my VH, and I've owned it for 10 years now

I used to get pulled up a bit in my old VH, mainly on my way to work. I think it was mainly due to the early hours of the morning I used to start work and the area I was driving. Because once I changed jobs & went back to regular hours, I didn't get pulled over anymore

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
i think in general its P platers who drive commodores...come on lets face it, they think there v6 is faster then everything else on the road, and they crash there sik commo with a car full of people.

happens way to often in the commodore scene.

when i sold my commy and brought my ford my insurance dropped by a good 300$ a year because it wasn't a commodore, and has a lower stolen percentage lol.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
It is faster man what you talking bout!..

Insurance is cheaper on fords because there's only 3000 country wide on the road now :p.

Magixxs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
i think in general its P platers who drive commodores...come on lets face it, they think there v6 is faster then everything else on the road, and they crash there sik commo with a car full of people.

happens way to often in the commodore scene.

when i sold my commy and brought my ford my insurance dropped by a good 300$ a year because it wasn't a commodore, and has a lower stolen percentage lol.

Thankyou Captain Stereotype

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
Thankyou Captain Stereotype

You can argue with him about it but he's kind of right, there's alot of commodores with P plates on them.

Personally I waited until a month after I got my full license to get my commodore because I knew they were cop magnets...best to avoid that kind of extra attention when you"re on your P's.

Boring cars like stock omega's and execs won't get attention unless they"re thrashed and driven like dodgem cars fanging around like idiots.

Drive sensibly and don't get pulled over, I"ve never been pulled over in my VY S...it's lowered and has rims on it, no exhaust because that would be just putting myself in the same group as the P plate boy racers in cops eyes...not a demographic I want to be lumped into.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
The thread title is " are commodore drivers treated unfairly "

Sadly no in the answer. I would honestly say far too many Commodore drivers are shocking for speeding, burnouts etc and sadly the rest of us are treated the same as them. Especially anything that looks modified.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Guy out front just dropped a burnout up the road, then when he came home dropped another and in his driveway. Ford AU, but funnily the driver was wearing a hrt top :p.

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
Let's be honest here. How many of us have seen someone been a dick and thought to ourselves "effing commodore drivers"? Especially earlier model ones. It used to be "effing volvo drivers", but there's a lot less of that now. I know I still do, and I've been driving commys for over a decade. Hoons tend to drive commodores mainly, or skylines/silvias. (No I'm not actually saying commodore/skyline/silvia drivers are hoons or dicks). So we may get some unfair flak - but in my experience not from the coppers.

Parabola - I almost wee'd a little at that reply. :rofl: