Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden (commodore) drivers treated unfairly?

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
I had a datto that set a record for getting pulled over I think. I even got pulled over twice in the same block, one cop booked me, he drove off, I pulled out onto the road again and cop #2 pulls me over almost immediately! Ive been pulled over plenty in my Commodores also, but mostly deserving, not just for doing the shopping if you know what I mean.

ripper6

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs acclaim
yeah i have the same problem ever since i got my vs 4 months ago i've been pulled up 5 times

Muke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY08
I've had the opposite experience. Had a '76 Celica with different wheels (not oversized or anything) and a really schmick dark blue pearl paint job. Wasn't dumped, wasn't loud. Got pulled up heaps, especially at night. Not for any reason than "a check". To the point I've had cops drive past me on the road I was going to turn onto while I was stopped at lights and pulled over to wait for me. Then got a white VN. Put a bodykit on, darkest legal tint, 17" wheels and still not pulled over (apart from when deserved - including 5 min from home for rego out of date - oops). Now a white VE SV6 and not once pulled up. Even didn't bother with the breath test once in a setup RBT stop (his machine didn't work, but could have grabbed another).

So for me, no. The Commodores have eliminated being a target. Maybe it's the "boring" white paint jobs they ignore. Don't remember being a target in my first car either, red with really dark tint. So maybe it's just cars with flash paint or look "done up"?? After all the percentages would say an obviously done up car is more likely to have a defect or "enthusiast" (read hoon) behind the wheel, than any stock looking car. (Just a theory).

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
ive never had any problems with both my modified utes, only time ive been pulled over was when they got breath testing going on ect, never just had a cop pull me up to sus me out

ivabiggen

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz Executive
it's the sideways baseball cap and not being able t see over the steering wheel that does it.

tim005

Yet Another VS Ute Owner
Reaction score
Members Ride
99' Series 3 VS S-Pac Ute.
Never been pulled over once in the ute to suss it out, only for breatho's and drug tests.
If I ever was to be though I sure as hell wouldn't cut sick on the bloke like you see with all these young guys do on RBT and Highway Patrol etc when they get pulled over...
Then we wonder why cops stereotype us....

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If you dont shout out 'hectik' and 'bra' whilst driving with a baseball cap, cops would usually avoid you

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Never been pulled over, apart from one time when they have had a roadside breath test going, and once for a side of the road vehicle inspection.

GothicKidd

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR S2 Exec
Cant say I've had any unfair treatmeant.
I own a commodore, lowered on 17's (sometimes running stockies at the back), Loud exhaust and local coppers heard me roaring up the road. So Im known for hooning.

But since I've had my license (over 2 years).
I first got pulled over for a neon in the grill, a quick check under the hood and check of the tyres and only a defect for the neon. - my first vn
Then got pulled over in my parents xr6, had blue LEDs in the bottom grill.
And since owning this VR (nearly 2 years) Ive been pulled over once for looking suspicous (going back and forward between towns - having longhair/sunnies on cloudy day..) he thought I was druggie. Didn't care about the car only looked for drugs.

and rest was RBT's.

So 3 times in 2 years with being a known hoon.. Really aint to bad.

kris_penn

Reaction score
Members Ride
5.7L VY SS M6
i think it really just comes down to how you drive the car, the whole time i was on my p's i was driving a restricted car, vs statesman lowerd, rims, exhaust and an l67 under the hood pulled over once for a random check, and for 2 months my ss, i genrally see 3-4 cops a week and the odd RBT never had an issue my mates do always comment on my nanna driving tho haha