Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden (commodore) drivers treated unfairly?

5ltrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
I've gone from a loud 400hp Xe fairmont, low, fat rubber with pearl paint to a nice VS ute with a 5L and noticed alot 'more' attention from Mr plod. I got pulled over no less than 15 times in my XE, P-plates and all and not once did a copper defect me for noise or anything else. It used to run dumpers at the diff, he had a look under, not a word said. Hood was popped on numerous occasions, mainly to admire, with the odd criticism of why it wasn't a chev!. Many of my mates are cop magnets all because of a commodore... even if its a stock as a rock 6. I just hope when my 5l undergoes its engine makeover i wont be pinged more, touches wood. Anyone else noticed that a commodore somehow makes u attractive to the constabulary?

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
I've gone from a loud 400hp Xe fairmont, low, fat rubber with pearl paint to a nice VS ute with a 5L and noticed alot 'more' attention from Mr plod. I got pulled over no less than 15 times in my XE, P-plates and all and not once did a copper defect me for noise or anything else. It used to run dumpers at the diff, he had a look under, not a word said. Hood was popped on numerous occasions, mainly to admire, with the odd criticism of why it wasn't a chev!. Many of my mates are cop magnets all because of a commodore... even if its a stock as a rock 6. I just hope when my 5l undergoes its engine makeover i wont be pinged more, touches wood. Anyone else noticed that a commodore somehow makes u attractive to the constabulary?

Welcome to the world of commodores.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I disagree. You claim you have been pulled over about 15 times in your XE. You must be a magnet full stop.

I have been pulled over once in a Commodore, and never in any of the other makes of cars I have owned in the 30 years I have been driving.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Driving like a retard gets you noticed more. And a higher percentage of Commodore drivers drive like retards. Nuff' Said.

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
I've owned numerous apparent car cop magnets, only pulled over 2 times in last 5 years

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I've been pulled over once in my Commodore, once in the Festiva. In the Commodore it's because I was speeding, 87km/h in a 60 zone. Area had been changed so they let me off, but yeah.

5ltrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
about 6 times in 3months with the VS, almost every time im near a cop, I pretty much pull over for them. I sit on the limit always, Ive learnt im not the stig when the rear cuts loose.
The XE stood out like dogs balls, and 15times over 5 years, 3 of which on P's was not bad. Its more so pre VS models which are fancied.

5ltrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
I disagree. You claim you have been pulled over about 15 times in your XE. You must be a magnet full stop.

Yes and no. Still a magnet, but treated different i guess when the window is wound down. Once i gave her some stick on the freeway on ramp must have hit about 120, merged and on come the lights of a nice candy colored VE. I thought, great! im screwed now. Anways, first thing he said was, Bloody hell mate, she sounds sweet. Couldn't hold back my nervous laugh and off i went after the license check. The Oldman the other day, 7km/h over in his VE and slapped with a nice ticket. Maybe its just me.

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Mate. Commodore owners think most Commodore drivers are bogans.
It is a well known fact. Everyone in Australia knows it . Not just the cops.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
I've been driving a loud cop magnet for the last 2 years and only been pulled over once for a chat, and I live in an area with a very high police presence.