Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

KLUBR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
You will see many Euro silver cars with what appears to be the same issue in photographs. It's rarely ever obvious in the flesh. I had a Nitrate VY back in the day & there was no evidence of any mismatch. However, after some dude ran into the back door of it and it went to the panel beaters there was always a detectable (to me) colour difference from some angles.
Panel beaters told me it was one of the hardest colours to match so I have always been wary of it since.

having research further and looked at more silver nitrates, I must agree, to see any difference in colour, you must look for it , and be at a certain angle in a certain light, so I can live with that.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
most factory suspension is rubbish, throw it all away and just get some tein coilovers with EDFC.

EDK04-Q0349_2_d6e47856-9515-4ee8-af19-8f75304d087f_1024x1024.jpg

May as well throw some descent brakes on at the same time.
theboysbigbrakes008.jpg

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
It was stated at the time all the 308's went to HDT which wasn't correct as I had a Holden factory Alpine white 308, no HDT options with its thumping 185KW at the CS. It was a great car, so sorry I ever sold it. Kept it bog stock but the fella I sold it to stuck every HDT option he could get onto it.
Nice Martin.
I had a white VH SL/E. Fully optioned. Factory black stripes, 3.36 LSD, beautiful darke blue interior. FE2 suspension. Loved it. I sold my 360 4spd Charger to buy it:eek::( Oh the regrets.

Last edited:

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Was yours a Brock Martin?
No Cuda, straight from the factory which seems would have made it pretty rare with the optional 308 (in that it didn't go to HDT). I was at my mates place last night (party) admiring his two E49 mock-ups. One's his race car and the other is a street car he built up. He use to own the origional E49 he offered me for 7K:( Shame I didn't have the camera/phone for you and the professor. Any engine where the carburation is about the same size as the engine block looks impressive, sort of purposeful. BTW, I was watching the burnout masters on maaate yesterday, now I know two uses for the Demon:)

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
I had a Brock white SS group three in 1982. Sold it to buy the 1985 VK group A.

In the VH models not all SS were Brock. Most just came from Holden. Lots were also 253.

The Brock cars were HDT. The rest were Holden.

Kman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II Acclaim; (On order for July delivery: MSE)
Dilemma for my MSE (delivered in 2 weeks) ; to be a daily driver :
1. Keep Standard
2. W375
3. W407.

Money is there for all options, but now the decision has to be made it has become more difficult than ever!

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
1. Keep Standard
2. W375
3. W407.

Money is there for all options, but now the decision has to be made it has become more difficult than ever!
Don't do any kit first up. Drive the car, understand what you want, therefore what mods it needs if any.
Options two and three are dreadfully conservative at a ridiculous price that could only be considered reasonable if you didn't have enough money and time on your side, and forced to bundle the finance. Lucky that's not the case, don't throw out the baby with the bath water, get twice or thrice the value with a bit of patience ;)

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
1. Keep Standard
2. W375
3. W407.

1 is definety out

2&3 are soft.

Save for the power. Once driven she will be a keeper for ever.

images

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
As others have said there are better options.
I'm getting a 385kw upgrade including a custom dyno tune next week for my MSE that costs $2k less than the W375.