Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

GDS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII SSVR - MSE
View attachment 194978 View attachment 194981 View attachment 194978
After months living on Scotch, Vodka and an odd Liqueur here and there and some prayers, finally my baby (My MSE - a piece of Australian history) has arrived safe and sound. Now it’s just a small wait on daddy to get the nursery ready for the baby.
Congrats, from a fellow red hot MSE owner. Will you take delivery for the weekend? The waiting will be almost forgotten once you get to drive it.

zappaboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6 Sportswagon, Motorsport Auto VE Ute
Picking up my MSE on Friday morning. I was originally scheduled for delivery on Oct 1 but it has come early. All is Ok generally but the red caps and Biante Car and kit to arrive. The end caps will be fitted at the first service and I will pick up the car kit when it arrives.

In regard to insurance, I have been quoted $2000 for theft excess from alliance insurance on top the default excess of $600 and insurance quotes of between $2200 to $2600 per year from other insurers with either market value of $62000 to agreed value of $73400. I live in Sydney, in my 50s and the car will be parked in a locked garage.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Congrats, from a fellow red hot MSE owner. Will you take delivery for the weekend? The waiting will be almost forgotten once you get to drive it.
Thanks GDS, I'm eager as, so I was hopeful to pick it up today but the finance people stuffed up, now it’s a short wait for another few days till Monday or Tuesday next week.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thanks GDS, I'm eager as, so I was hopeful to pick it up today but the finance people stuffed up, now it’s a short wait for another few days till Monday or Tuesday next week.
Hey Jet,
Huge congrats. You'll love it mate.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Picking up my MSE on Friday morning. I was originally scheduled for delivery on Oct 1 but it has come early. All is Ok generally but the red caps and Biante Car and kit to arrive. The end caps will be fitted at the first service and I will pick up the car kit when it arrives.

In regard to insurance, I have been quoted $2000 for theft excess from alliance insurance on top the default excess of $600 and insurance quotes of between $2200 to $2600 per year from other insurers with either market value of $62000 to agreed value of $73400. I live in Sydney, in my 50s and the car will be parked in a locked garage.
Hi,
Congrats on the car.
Those insurance quotes seem extraordinarilly high to me. Granted live in the bush and have a clean driving record. I do get the benefit of every reduction possible from NRMA. Mine is insured for $75k with a few insurance extras like glass cover included. The premium was about 1/3 of what you've been quoted.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
Hey Jet,
Huge congrats. You'll love it mate.
Thanks Cuda, I'm sure I will, How are you going with the first 1000K's of blending, are they done yet?

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport

Hi Zappaboy,
Congratulations on your new Piece of Australian history. Regards to insurang our pride and joy (MSE) I just got an online quote from (believe it or not) 'Woolworths Car Insurance' for $ 1,168.73 for agreed value $68,450 and $500 basic excess.

macman

Reaction score
Members Ride
MotorSport
I did exhaustive shopping for Insurance online and found GIO the best. For new car replacement (pretty difficult though when limited edition lol), cover for $69,500, windscreen and window cover. It is a Platinum Insurance Cover with Roadside Assist, Car Hire and a $2000 voluntary excess all for $859. I'm pretty happy with that.

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
TBA

Last edited:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
While everyone is focusing on premium and excess costs, make sure you take claims experience into account.

No point having a low premium and excess if the claim experience does you in.