Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
After hearing people say they'd taken chunks out of their tyres, I'm glad I stayed away from the skidpan in my car. Rob and Henry were taking passengers in the Chevy SS development cars. I had a run with Rob and it was awesome, not only is he a legend, his car control is something to behold. He also gave me some good tips for Philip Island and I got him to sign my engine bay :)

Rob T is an awesome driver. I have been in the car a number of times and must be the best Holden employee driver they have. He is the driver in the video of the special edition key box.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Craig Lowndes edition on eBay for 65k done 2500kms, good time to try to get top $$$. Long term these should be a collector item.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Sorry no videos but some pics below. There were 3 red hot Motorsports including mine, a spitfire Motorsport with W547 pack and a SOAG Director, as well as lots of other nice Commodores. Met and spoke with the limited edition owners, bunch of lovely guys, all of whom had fairly low kms and were driving their LEs in anger for the first time. Was great chatting with them and hearing them account their experiences driving on track. It goes without saying that the LEs impressed.

I didn't get as many pics as I wanted as my friend was the first accident, he lost control on turn 2 and went into the tyre wall with side impact, so I spent any time I wasn't on track helping him and talking to him. He was okay which was the main thing, mainly a bruised ego. His car wasn't driveable so had to be picked up on a flatbed truck. I'd guess he has 8-12k of repairs to look forward to. That put a damper on proceedings straight off the bat (first session) but then there was an even more serious accident in the second session, pic of that below. Megane RS lost control on the last corner leading on to the main straight and ended up hitting the tyre wall at speed with full frontal impact. Pic below shows the car was a write off. After the two accidents it was hard to push to the limit and take risks, given the reality of the consequences was very visible on two occasions.

With that said, my new RE003 tyres and more aggressive camber/toe worked wonders, the additional grip was significant, highly recommended and cost effective performance upgrade for those of you are using your LEs on track regularly.

View attachment 201674 View attachment 201675 View attachment 201676 View attachment 201677 View attachment 201678

PI...??? claims many victims (and a VERY good reason i won 't put my road car out there)... just a sample

and from Siberia

Oh... and for the record, Sandown also claims a few

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl v8 commodore
i always hated it when people tried to out brake you on club sprint track days
i always thought that's the most dangerous time for some knuckle head to Tbone you mid conour, there just going to fast to make the coroner.
its like not a motor race its just fun , some people just get white knuckle fever,

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Where's that Unlike button?
Why would a dealer be promoting other dealers' cars?

I find blackve76's posts interesting. They certainly save me a lot of time in keeping in touch with market prices.

Red Lioness 05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF
Rob T is an awesome driver. I have been in the car a number of times and must be the best Holden employee driver they have. He is the driver in the video of the special edition key box.
Wouldn't it be awesome if there was some track events around the country just for the last Aussie V8s for owners to have a drive . I know there are some categories like that with early Aussie model track cars etc but I think people would be really interested and what a great group of people .

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wouldn't it be awesome if there was some track events around the country just for the last Aussie V8s for owners to have a drive . I know there are some categories like that with early Aussie model track cars etc but I think people would be really interested and what a great group of people .
always loved track days with all types of cars nothing like passing a Porsche down the straight then watching him go past you at the end of straight under brakes (mallala SA) great fun

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mate are you a car dealer , always clogging cars on here
Another clog, relisted at 55k now.
Not a dealer just take a interest in commodores and values/bargins