Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I'm not sure why everyone is outraged by the DD fee. It's purely market forces, my DD on my Magnum was $4995. Sure it was a bit high, but nobody was forcing me to buy it. I wanted the car so accepted it. Changing a contract is an entirely different thing.
Well, as long as you're happy paying $3,500 more than I did for DD...Others may be a little more prudent though. As you alluded to though, it's more than just the macroeconomics.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
Well, as long as you're happy paying $3,500 more than I did for DD...Others may be a little more prudent though. As you alluded to though, it's more than just the macroeconomics.
MSE owners had the chance to shop around and get cheap DD, director and magnum owners weren't afforded the same luxury unfortunately

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE owners had the chance to shop around and get cheap DD, director and magnum owners weren't afforded the same luxury unfortunately
Yeah, true.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
I agree, it is the dishonesty part that is the issue. It makes you wonder if they are trying to hide something in the contract (like their mark-up) what else will they do, it becomes a trust issue.

+1

Its the dishonesty and cover up bit that i have an issue with. Just come out and say it, weve charged you 5k for DD take it or leave it, don't try and cover it up then make threats when you take them to task....

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
+1

Its the dishonesty and cover up bit that i have an issue with. Just come out and say it, weve charged you 5k for DD take it or leave it, don't try and cover it up then make threats when you take them to task....
agree

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I suppose we have to remember that car salespeople as a whole get a poor rap for a reason.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I suppose we have to remember that car salespeople as a whole get a poor rap for a reason.
I used to beleive it was just the "second hand car salesman"...

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
I used to beleive it was just the "second hand car salesman"...
It's a shame really as there are bad eggs in any dozen, most of them don't seem to care about the stigma and continue to profit from people's ignorance or emotive decisions

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
maybe a few of these dealers are planning on closing or going to another brand once Holden goes to fully imported and they don't give a damn?

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
maybe a few of these dealers are planning on closing or going to another brand once Holden goes to fully imported and they don't give a damn?

This is a valid point but what about self pride? It can't feel good personally when you're at the point that you (or your business in this case) needs to chase money so badly that you compromise your moral integrity. All Holden dealerships are under pressure and in my opinion its really showing. Not excusing poor individual behavior at all, but the current situation is not the fault of the dealers on the floor trying to sell cars. I do feel for Holden dealers right now, some probably know little else and don't have much choice in terms of finding other employment. Lots of brands have closed dealerships recently so it's probably not the easiest thing to walk into another dealership and get a job.

Anyway, part of the reason I'm not naming and shaming or complaining about my situation is that I can see the biggest picture and I read the frustration on each dealer's face that I dealt with.