Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
2 MSE got built this morning at the factory, but they wont be finished/coming off the line until Monday as tomorrow the factory is having a RDO.

So looks like mine wasn't picked for production today, looks like Monday is the day it goes into GA.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
I don't know what a xu1 is but a third of my quote is $675, my 2012 SV6 cost that much to insure so I call bs.
Don't know whether I'd be too quick to call BS on that EternityDre, its about what I'm expecting to pay. You need to consider age, mods, post code, driving record, direction of wind, phase of moon, sea surface temp of the eastern Pacific and a couple of other variables I can't quite remember. Car insurance, about the only thing that improves the older you get, to a point.

DIR-ACT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director - about September
...and so, the private sales commence
car ad.png

j_davis_1980

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport edition
Thought I'd provide an update on insurance for my MSE. After getting a new apartment with secure parking I was able to proceed with Shannons. Agreed value of $80k covering my modifications, car driven 2-3 days a week, annual cost of $2064 with an excess of $800. For reference, I'm 32, flawless record.
First it was holden dealers and now its Shannons!... I got a similar quote from Shannons. I will be sticking to RACV for now.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
First it was holden dealers and now its Shannons!... I got a similar quote from Shannons. I will be sticking to RACV for now.

Yeah it hasn't been the easiest ride, but it will all be worth it once I'm in my MSE with 530hp and a loud exhaust :) I have 6 weeks leave at the moment, looking forward to some epic road trips once the weather improves.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Here is one of the MSE built today.

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
Build number 125- Phantom Black
All very interesting, Im waiting for my Black director but have no intention of selling it, listing it at that price and getting it are 2 different things ? But each to their own, and hey, you never know, I guess we will all wait and see. But without doubt a lot of people have purchased these cars with the sole intention of making money from them as an investment. Like they say, "if the price is right"

DIR-ACT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director - about September
I have a Comprehensive Insurance quote from Holden Motor Insurance, underwritten by Allianz, for $859. I haven't price checked this yet with other providers as my delivery is such a long way away. Looking at quotes others have received I'm thinking the person who provided the quote doesn't know what a Director is! I am 55 though, with a good record and still like fast cars.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Judging by this thread I'm one of the younger MSE buyers here (I'm 32). Brock/Torona era is before my time.
Brah, my 19yo Son knows what an XU1 is!!! Having seen the pic above, you would probably say you did know. Just not what they were called?