Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Thought I'd provide an update on insurance for my MSE. After getting a new apartment with secure parking I was able to proceed with Shannons. Agreed value of $80k covering my modifications, car driven 2-3 days a week, annual cost of $2064 with an excess of $800. For reference, I'm 32, flawless record.

Last edited:

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thought I'd provide an update on insurance for my MSE. After getting a new apartment with secute parking I was able to proceed with Shannons. Agreed value of $80k covering my modifications, car driven 2-3 days a week, annual cost of $2064 with an excess of $800. For reference, I'm 32, flawless record.
Holy crap!

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Thought I'd provide an update on insurance for my MSE. After getting a new apartment with secure parking I was able to proceed with Shannons. Agreed value of $80k covering my modifications, car driven 2-3 days a week, annual cost of $2064 with an excess of $800. For reference, I'm 32, flawless record.

I got a similar quote from them for my Redline, I'm 36 with a flawless record - Never made an insurance claim in my life and haven't lost a point on my licence since 2004. I told them to shove it.

gla

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport Edition, VT 195i Calais
Hi gla, any chance you can post up the pics of the completed MSE's if other than what has already been shown on this forum?

Will do Martin. My car isn't due until very early June so I hope to pick it up on the 3rd (Nitrate MSE).
I hope to meet up with Super Coach (Heron MSE) and Psisle(SOAG Director if it's arrived) in Adelaide for some photos.
Then it's a drive home to Melbourne and a catch up with EternityDre at some point (Red Hot MSE) for more photos.
I'm sure that someone will get some photos up before then.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Will do Martin. My car isn't due until very early June so I hope to pick it up on the 3rd (Nitrate MSE).
I hope to meet up with Super Coach (Heron MSE) and Psisle(SOAG Director if it's arrived) in Adelaide for some photos.
Then it's a drive home to Melbourne and a catch up with EternityDre at some point (Red Hot MSE) for more photos.

Wow that sounds like an awesome trip GLA. I'm hoping to catch up with a few of the Adelaide boys you've mentioned too. But timing may be an issue. My car is scheduled for a build date of 10/8 and delivery date of 14/8. Trouble is I have my Best Mate's wedding on 11/8, in Sydney, and I'm best man. I'm also concerned about driving it all the way home (~1,000k's) and getting stone chips, or a roo hood ornament, before it even makes it to it's rightful place in the garage.

Maybe a MSE day in Melbourne is on the cards? Around the end of production date in Oct. I'd certainly travel there for it. Could make an annual event. Open to SS's and Redlines of course!!!
In the future I can see a similar event to Chrysler's on the Murray. It's only blokes like all of us on here that will make it happen.
Sorry to hi-jack your post mate. just thinking out loud on the keyboard.

Colonel6061

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director
image.jpg
i sure hope my Director sits like these ones

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I got a similar quote from them for my Redline, I'm 36 with a flawless record - Never made an insurance claim in my life and haven't lost a point on my licence since 2004. I told them to shove it.

No else else will touch my MSE or they're far worse. Open to suggestions for other brands, keep in mind I'm modifying it.

sabman57

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Spitfire MSE
Wow that sounds like an awesome trip GLA. I'm hoping to catch up with a few of the Adelaide boys you've mentioned too. But timing may be an issue. My car is scheduled for a build date of 10/8 and delivery date of 14/8. Trouble is I have my Best Mate's wedding on 11/8, in Sydney, and I'm best man. I'm also concerned about driving it all the way home (~1,000k's) and getting stone chips, or a roo hood ornament, before it even makes it to it's rightful place in the garage.

Maybe a MSE day in Melbourne is on the cards? Around the end of production date in Oct. I'd certainly travel there for it. Could make an annual event. Open to SS's and Redlines of course!!!
In the future I can see a similar event to Chrysler's on the Murray. It's only blokes like all of us on here that will make it happen.
Sorry to hi-jack your post mate. just thinking out loud on the keyboard.
Good thinking Cuda, most of the special editions would be on the road by then and it can be a celebration of all acheivements in Holden's motorsports history and last drinks before we say goodbye to this Aussie Icon forever....football, meat pies, kangaroos and HOLDEN CARS..!!!

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....

Wow :confused:

My xu1 is about a 3rd of that with shannons and worth alot more than a MSE or Director....

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Thanks GLA, nice choice on colour too. You'll get yours about 3 weeks before me so it'll be great to see what one looks like beforehand