Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Mine hasn't been touched since I drove it home Saturday from Adelaide. I've got an appointment with VicRoads this afternoon to get it registered.
I'll have it out and about after that.

I had to get mine register in SA from Vic the engine number is a pain to read(had to take photo with camera to read it(back of engine)

I like the black/SOG with red highlights best re colours, white/silver with read look odd

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
One thing I read about the other day is a bolt on kit for LSA's that provides variable cam timing. Have you heard anything about these? I was told by a reliable source the next engine intended for the commodore was the genIV? which has variable cam timing and direct injection, 325kw's in standard trim.
I have a kit for GenIV but stock LSA and LS9 Front Engine Accessory Drive is problematic. Would like to see that, any link?
BTW VVT, relieved pistons and AFM was slated by way of the L99 (Corvette Auto LS3) but you know, too complicated might break :rolleyes:
GenV is the latest V8, it's a SIDI, all about the head, studied it and took best bits for my build (tech papers available for those interested). The new SIDI V8 is not referred to as GenV by GM rather EcoTec3.

Your right Martin, a lot of the exclusive info that was only on here is now being shared on facebook, usually before here
So what FB group has more up-to-date info than this forum?

I haven't heard of that kit; I wonder if it alters the cam/crank phasing on the fly? I can't imagine any other "bolt on" method. Of course, manufacturers for years have been providing variable valve timing via a variety of mechanisms.
Yes it is continuously variable cam phasing programmable with VVT spark and fuel in the tune. Works really well, takes a trained eye to notice the install.
In order to get the most out of flex fuel I raised static CR to 14:1 and with VVT was able to retard the IVC such that the DCR performs well on premium too.
Ethanol under high compression with programmable combustion phasing makes for 36.8% thermal efficiency, massive BMEP, and BSFC better than petrol using Atkinson Cycle. AFM and tall diff gets hyper miles too.

Last edited:

gla

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport Edition, VT 195i Calais
I had to get mine register in SA from Vic the engine number is a pain to read(had to take photo with camera to read it(back of engine)

I like the black/SOG with red highlights best re colours, white/silver with read look odd
Everyone is different. I reckon my Nitrate looks ace!

Martyr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Segue...
I reckon for some applications they should have ditched inefficient 4stroke tech and accelerated 2 stroke DFI tech, like that pioneered by the Aussie Orbital Engine Co. In marine apps DFI 2 strokes **** all over 4 strokes in power, torque, emissions and economy, and no smelly blue oil smoke! They sip oil too. E.g Mercury Optimax (air injected Prof Mopar and no valves!), Evinrude Etec etc. 2 stroke dirt bikes have always had it over 4 strokes by a big msrgin cc for cc. Smoke, noise and peaky power was the tradeoff. DFI fixed those lil' issues!
A NA 4L FFI 2 stroke would easilly outperform an LS3 or Coyote, in all those areas mentioned above, and be lightweight and low maintenance too.

4 stroke simply last a lot longer than 2 stokes. Isn't that what it boils down to?

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
I reckon for some applications they should have ditched inefficient 4stroke tech and accelerated 2 stroke DFI tech, like that pioneered by the Aussie Orbital Engine Co. In marine apps DFI 2 strokes **** all over 4 strokes in power, torque, emissions and economy, and no smelly blue oil smoke! They sip oil too. E.g Mercury Optimax (air injected Prof Mopar and no valves!), Evinrude Etec etc. 2 stroke dirt bikes have always had it over 4 strokes by a big msrgin cc for cc. Smoke, noise and peaky power was the tradeoff. DFI fixed those lil' issues!
A NA 4L FFI 2 stroke would easilly outperform an LS3 or Coyote, in all those areas mentioned above, and be lightweight and low maintenance too.
Here's (my favourite fookin youtuber fookin explainin) why:
and

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
Yes the excitement seems to have worn off a bit, lol.
Is anybody out there ? Or are you all out driving your new cars ?
G'Day Professor, I think the lack of traffic on this thread is more due to facebook than anything else. LE's are only a couple of weeks into production so most people will still be waiting, you and I, needless to say, included. Recieved an e-mail from the dealership Monday saying my car is currently being built and is on track for end of June delivery so we're getting towards the business end now. One thing I read about the other day is a bolt on kit for LSA's that provides variable cam timing. Have you heard anything about these? I was told by a reliable source the next engine intended for the commodore was the genIV? which has variable cam timing and direct injection, 325kw's in standard trim.

Well the fact is; Yes its easier to post straight to facebook. It always seems to be the same people posting all the good stuff on here and the others always seem to steer the conversation off topic on fricken Valiants or wateva, which this thread is not about.

Hence why people have stopped posting in it (me included) because, far too many times people post things specific to this thread, only for the next 5 posts after it to be about something else.

I'd rather post on the facebook community where the subject is always about the Limited Editions. I will just be a viewer now here and wont post much anymore.

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
First time I've seen a comment that FB is more on topic and less interruptions.
In the big picture a thread about last model runouts and sales info is best on FaceBook. Unfortunately the info pretty much flies off into the ether in weeks, months, versus useful forum library and discursive informed comment.
I think FaceBook is totally unqualified because of the popular easy access to all and sundry and of course its promotional mechanisms. Seems a bit personal once you own the car (really own it), full of bushwhackers, playground for braggarts, salespeople and poseurs with photo filters.

Last edited: