Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

KLUBR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Hi

I have had some great dealings with Barry Bourke Berwick, but had to ask for my deposit to be refunded on a GTSR W1 when they wanted over $230,000 for me to proceed with the purchase.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

It's a shame that some prices are going crazy, Bourkes are awesome to deal with provided price is suitable to both parties
Sorry to hear about your W1 experience I have dealt with Bourkes for years and have made many purchases via them, even back as far a the first CV8 Monaro, just didn't like the Mornington were marketing limited editions at the time
I have heard of MSE's going from 70-80k crazy days
I figure early to mid 70s is the mark, which is what I paid in Feb

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Sorry to hear about your W1 experience I have dealt with Bourkes for years and have made many purchases via them, even back as far a the first CV8 Monaro

Hi

Don't be sorry, not your fault. I have purchased a new VX Clubsport in 2002 from them , a 2015 MY16 VF2 SV6 UTE and our family also purchased a VFII Redline from them as I sent my brother to deal with them but for some reason we could not agree on doing a deal on the GTSR W1 unless I was able to commit to paying at least $230,000 so I asked for my deposit back.

I did try to buy a SOAG auto Redline from them earlier this year but happy we didn't come to an agreement because for a couple thousand more I was able to secure a white Director at the start of this month so some things are meant to be.

I have also sent close friends and other family to them who have all been happy to deal with Berwick.

They must have sold the GTSR W1 for a good amount that is for sure

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Probably not a good idea to ask this being a public forum

It has probably been seen by more people on a public road than those who would see on here.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
How things change RTSV6UTE, I contacted the Same dealer in Feb/ March and he refused to sell me anything!! ie Motorsport or Director, he told me Thayer were not selling any of their allocation he invited me to go on a list of interested parties, and they would contact us all after October 20, and we could then offer to purchase , the highest bidder would win I would assume, seems as though common sense has kicked in
Hi KLUBR8, John Collins Holden (Mornington) is just down the road from me. I had a similar experience, asked for prices and they couldn't tell me, I just assumed they didn't want to tell me. Went to Brighton and they had no issues with pricing. I wonder how many deals they lost from trying to be too smart. I see they have a Nitrate MSE on display most days out the front of the dealership. Was going to drop in and get a price but thought what's the point, probably a secrete, knuckleheads. Mentioned their strategy at Brighton (owned by same company) and they couldn't believe it.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Heh Martin thanks for that info I guess I will make a decision on the first service , getting a window tint then as well .
This is the best car I have owned . It is even better than I expected , I had on order since mid December 2016 . Didnt even have a name back then just put a deposit down on limited edition SSV commodore . Thought the dealer would screw me on price etc but they have played it very straight , even though they went into administration and got bought out .
The thing that stands out for me besides the power the looks et al , is the way the car rides and handles bumps etc . To me this is simply amazing a car with such sporty intent can be this comfortable . And yeah cant wait to get a few more ks on her and then give her a real blast . I intend to do at least one track day , after all it is the motorsport edition and it is also my daily drive although wont be everyday as I am lucky enough to be able to swap into another car ( Pajero Sport ) which is slightly different on the road
Hi 3 Dolphins, reminds me of an old mate, his nickname was 2 dogs (after the Graham Kennedy joke, one dog sick the other pushing him to hospital) anyway the suspension is a standout, no need to compromise, stiff as on good roads in performance and touring for buggered roads. You can imagine the difference for me coming out of a VX Calais, I notice the throttle response due to being a manual with almost 30% more power/torque and a higher diff ratio, both cars weigh similar amounts. I think the clutch is surprisingly light for the power handled, though pick up is a little on the high side. Overall gearbox and clutch combo is a pleasure to use and will get even better as they wear in a little. The only minor criticism is the lack of a gutter (for want of a better term) along the shut line between the hood and front quarter panels, water appears to run off the hood and down the inside of the inner guards which will make keeping the engine bay pretty more of a challenge, plenty of electrics under there as well. Only driven the car in the rain a couple of time so maybe not an issue, we'll see.

KLUBR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Hi KLUBR8, John Collins Holden (Mornington) is just down the road from me. I had a similar experience, asked for prices and they couldn't tell me, I just assumed they didn't want to tell me. Went to Brighton and they had no issues with pricing. I wonder how many deals they lost from trying to be too smart. I see they have a Nitrate MSE on display most days out the front of the dealership. Was going to drop in and get a price but thought what's the point, probably a secrete, knuckleheads. Mentioned their strategy at Brighton (owned by same company) and they couldn't believe it.

Your quite right Martin, it's a simple enough question, I would like to buy a car, so. How much is it?

Through this whole process I have met some outstanding dealers , who do care about their customer , thier future and repeat business, and there are others who I will never set foot in their showroom again, and are telling every one I can to do the same, sheer short sightedness by some dealerships .

Holden have some amazing GM product coming our way over the next few years and beyond, I certainly know what dealers I won't be going to, and the ones I will be calling . I ended up having a full blown argument with the guy at Mornington ( sheer
Frustration on my side), telling him that Holden made the cars so they could be sold, not to be auctioned to the highest bidder after October 20, but it obviously fell on deaf ears as he still refused to sell me a car, I couldn't believe it, in fact I rang them back three weeks later just to be sure it wasn't a misunderstanding on my part, and got the same response .

In the end bought from Barry Bourke Holden, and secured 3 other llimited edition orders for them via work colleagues and friends .

All I asked for at Mornington , was how much is the car, I want to buy one!, but it was simply too hard for them to answer , as they were supposedly following instructions from the Dealer Principal

I was , and still am, stunned by their approach.

Anyway, all good in the end , I got my car, in the colour and options I wanted, and are looking forward to taking delivery

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
Youngs holden in WA has 2 motorsports
mse2.JPG

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
Your quite right Martin, it's a simple enough question, I would like to buy a car, so. How much is it?

Through this whole process I have met some outstanding dealers , who do care about their customer , thier future and repeat business, and there are others who I will never set foot in their showroom again, and are telling every one I can to do the same, sheer short sightedness by some dealerships .

Holden have some amazing GM product coming our way over the next few years and beyond, I certainly know what dealers I won't be going to, and the ones I will be calling . I ended up having a full blown argument with the guy at Mornington ( sheer
Frustration on my side), telling him that Holden made the cars so they could be sold, not to be auctioned to the highest bidder after October 20, but it obviously fell on deaf ears as he still refused to sell me a car, I couldn't believe it, in fact I rang them back three weeks later just to be sure it wasn't a misunderstanding on my part, and got the same response .

In the end bought from Barry Bourke Holden, and secured 3 other llimited edition orders for them via work colleagues and friends .

All I asked for at Mornington , was how much is the car, I want to buy one!, but it was simply too hard for them to answer , as they were supposedly following instructions from the Dealer Principal

I was , and still am, stunned by their approach.

Anyway, all good in the end , I got my car, in the colour and options I wanted, and are looking forward to taking delivery
I think you've hit the nail on the head when you say following the principals instructions cos they seemed to struggle with answering questions, (had rep and sales manager in office with me) it was a strange situation. "So you have X manual motorsports and a director for sale but you can't/won't tell me what you're asking for them".....well....um....er....At least they told you why they wouldn't tell you:confused: I didn't even get that, just went and bought a car from someone that would. Remember walking out of there thinking what just happened. They're doing themselves no favors from their approach but like you pointed out, you/we got the car you wanted in the end and that's the important thing.