Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Has anyone else got a "blurry" HUD???????

I have noticed its a little blurry. I've played around with seating position and HUD position and noticed that its related to that my positioning in relation to the HUD. I'm 6"3 and sit very straight so even with the seat on the lowest setting I'm grazing the roof. I'm basically looking down at the HUD and there is some ghosting of the lines, i.e. the leading edge of the HUD has a second ghost line that I can see. When I slouch in the seat and sit lower and the HUD is parallel to me its not blurry at all. I think it's just not set up very well for all positions (taller people who sit straight). No matter how I position the HUD it's a little blurry.

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
I have noticed its a little blurry. I've played around with seating position and HUD position and noticed that its related to that my positioning in relation to the HUD. I'm 6"3 and sit very straight so even with the seat on the lowest setting I'm grazing the roof. I'm basically looking down at the HUD and there is some ghosting of the lines, i.e. the leading edge of the HUD has a second ghost line that I can see. When I slouch in the seat and sit lower and the HUD is parallel to me its not blurry at all. I think it's just not set up very well for all positions (taller people who sit straight). No matter how I position the HUD it's a little blurry.

I will take a photo of my series 1 Redline and the ME and post for a comparison.

HemiMagic

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV REDLINE, CL Charger, VK Charger, Motorsport
Thought I would stick this Wheels Magazine comparison here. The Redline was the standout so I would hope the ME would standout further. Below is the conclusion of a wheels article.

The car that everybody said they’d buy if they were spending their own money was the unassuming SS-V Redline. That’s as good as a winning definition as you’re likely to get and it’s rare that the slowest and least extrovert car of the bunch will win the popular vote. We don’t subscribe to the ‘everybody gets a medal’ school of thought here at Wheels, but these are four very worthy performance cars. The Commodore just gets more right more often, and for less money than any of the others, and that’s testament to the experience in local tuning. It’s no surprise that the best car I’ve driven on a British B-road is a Lotus Elise, the best car to tackle a French autoroute is a big, soft Peugeot wagon, and the finest autobahn weapon I’ve sampled is a Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG. For covering kilometres in Australia, the SS-V just flat-out works.

Link to article below.

https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/review...v-tickford-mustang-360-v-tickford-mustang-500

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
What are the indicators below the blind spot alert on the mirrors? Heated mirrors?

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
Well the Motorsport has arrived! No. 0281 August build.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
What are the indicators below the blind spot alert on the mirrors? Heated mirrors?

Yes heated.

2013_holden_vf_calais_v_09b-0211-1417x944.jpg

Last edited:

redvxr8clubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport R8 & VE SS
In another forum a MSE has clocked up 176kms and engine is dead(holden replacing) i's be pissed as engine numbers wont match now.

Said it rattled badly and stopped
With my 2000 VX Clubby (I still have), the log book shows new engine at about 38,000 Km's (presumably replacement for the piston slap issue with early LS1's), my engine number matches original. I believe Holden would stamp the replacement engine with original engine number and the original block was destroyed. I bought my Clubby at 5 - 6 years old with 68,000 Km on it.