Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

DjBrenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf CalaisV 3.6 & 2017 SSVR Auto
I will take a photo of my series 1 Redline and the ME and post for a comparison.
I have noticed its a little blurry. I've played around with seating position and HUD position and noticed that its related to that my positioning in relation to the HUD. I'm 6"3 and sit very straight so even with the seat on the lowest setting I'm grazing the roof. I'm basically looking down at the HUD and there is some ghosting of the lines, i.e. the leading edge of the HUD has a second ghost line that I can see. When I slouch in the seat and sit lower and the HUD is parallel to me its not blurry at all. I think it's just not set up very well for all positions (taller people who sit straight). No matter how I position the HUD it's a little blurry.

My redline is the same , it's not terrible but not as sharp as my series 1 Calais V. Dealer of course said they couldn't see anything at the first service.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Thought I would stick this Wheels Magazine comparison here. The Redline was the standout so I would hope the ME would standout further. Below is the conclusion of a wheels article.

The car that everybody said they’d buy if they were spending their own money was the unassuming SS-V Redline. That’s as good as a winning definition as you’re likely to get and it’s rare that the slowest and least extrovert car of the bunch will win the popular vote. We don’t subscribe to the ‘everybody gets a medal’ school of thought here at Wheels, but these are four very worthy performance cars. The Commodore just gets more right more often, and for less money than any of the others, and that’s testament to the experience in local tuning. It’s no surprise that the best car I’ve driven on a British B-road is a Lotus Elise, the best car to tackle a French autoroute is a big, soft Peugeot wagon, and the finest autobahn weapon I’ve sampled is a Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG. For covering kilometres in Australia, the SS-V just flat-out works.

Link to article below.

https://www.wheelsmag.com.au/review...v-tickford-mustang-360-v-tickford-mustang-500
Not a bad read. Cutting through all the verbose guff, it's poise and balance that sees the Redline take the win over the other more powerful brutes.

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
With my 2000 VX Clubby (I still have), the log book shows new engine at about 38,000 Km's (presumably replacement for the piston slap issue with early LS1's), my engine number matches original. I believe Holden would stamp the replacement engine with original engine number and the original block was destroyed. I bought my Clubby at 5 - 6 years old with 68,000 Km on it.

didn't know that, I guess holden would record the details etc, shame they would destroy and newish engine that needed pistions and rings etc.

Years ago a mate had issues with his VT( I think)and they rebuilt his engine so no swap

lmfvf2ssredlineute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf2 ssv redline lmf ute
years ago when the ls engines first came out and holden had warranty issues with oil burning, i spoke to my local engine reconditioner about it and he told me they were rebuilding them for holden , there fix was to put the pistons in a lathe and machine the ringlands for a different size thickness ring
reconditioner told me it was the thin rings being the problem

KLUBR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Yes heated.

2013_holden_vf_calais_v_09b-0211-1417x944.jpg

yes that is for heated mirrors, but it does not illuminate when activated ,
my understanding is the mirrors will defrost/heat when rear window demister is activated

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
So I found out today that 3 MSE have already suffered engine trouble. One engine needing to be completely replaced, one doing a rocker and another with something similar. All within 136km - 1200km. Doesn't make me feel good about mine and the issues I already have just after 400km. Hopefully no one else has engine failures.

GMHDIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V / Director
I have a few photos of some Motorsports on the assembly line on the 17/8 that I took when we were on a plant tour , if anyone thinks theirs was built around then I have colours and sequence numbers , Red 7418 , White 7355 & Black 7391