Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

Bren66

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Motorsport
Looks great mate. Is it just my eyes or the rear holden badge seems a bit rotated clockwise... like 20 degrees or so. Was it removed and refitted ?
Yeah possibly, I replace the chrome badge with a black one. May not have got it exactly the same as the original. Hadn't noticed myself, but maybe you have a keener eye.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Hi
Hi Cuda , the puddle lamps have on my MSE have worked since I picked it up, must be a setting somewhere in there...
Hi Sab,
I reset to factory settings and voila, there they are.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Off to the "Detaila" today. He wants it for a week. Special treatment. Light buff, primer coat, 3 coats Modesta PD, then sacrificial organic coat on top. Modesta product similar to carnuba wax but last ~12 months. Full umdebody detail, brake caliper coating, interior. No more swirly wash mits ;)
Hoping to have time to add extractors and mid pipes before heading to Holden Dream Cruise in Adelaide on 15/10. Trailering Kermit over. No excess K's and more importantly no bloody stone chips.
500 I'd on it now. Trying to hot 1,000 ASAP.
Aeesome HSV charity cruise in Wagga yesterday. Despite all these awesome machines, there was a lot of interest in and photos of Kermit. Some mega HP GTS' & Maloo's Some had >800HP! Epic first, second and third gear burnouts. Oh the whine.... It's going to be hard not to charge my MSE. I would have said blow, but I know what that would heaven led to.:D
Seems like a good option mate but a week is very excessive, I had similar done in 2 days.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Seems like a good option mate but a week is very excessive, I had similar done in 2 days.
Yeah mate. He's a really good mate and works on is own. He's looking after me big time. I'm happy to let him take his time and service other cars too. Not my daily so I'm not fussed.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Off to the "Detaila" today. He wants it for a week. Special treatment. Light buff, primer coat, 3 coats Modesta PD, then sacrificial organic coat on top. Modesta product similar to carnuba wax but last ~12 months. Full umdebody detail, brake caliper coating, interior. No more swirly wash mits ;)
Hoping to have time to add extractors and mid pipes before heading to Holden Dream Cruise in Adelaide on 15/10. Trailering Kermit over. No excess K's and more importantly no bloody stone chips.
500 I'd on it now. Trying to hot 1,000 ASAP.
Aeesome HSV charity cruise in Wagga yesterday. Despite all these awesome machines, there was a lot of interest in and photos of Kermit. Some mega HP GTS' & Maloo's Some had >800HP! Epic first, second and third gear burnouts. Oh the whine.... It's going to be hard not to charge my MSE. I would have said blow, but I know what that would heaven led to.:D
Surely you know a good transport company (LOL)?
And yes, you have to be wary what you say cos there are Monstar's out there

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Yeah mate. He's a really good mate and works on is own. He's looking after me big time. I'm happy to let him take his time and service other cars too. Not my daily so I'm not fussed.
Ah makes sense. It's certainly worth it, can't wait to see it after it's all done :)

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars

If he's going to do a fantastic job he'll spend a couple of days on paint correction even if it's not bad to wash, clay and polish then layer the ceramic coat and if he's like me and a few others I've spoken too he'll leave 24 hours to cure between layers.

If you're adding wax over the top then add a day for each layer.

The interior will take a day and the rims and wheel wells another 1 or 2 plus if it was me I'd also have some work done to protect some sections of the engine bay.

So it depends on how much detailing you're having done.

It takes me a week to do the initial detail to my cars.

I've also had correction and paint protection done on new cars by professionals and that alone has taken 4 to 5 days.

The time spent doing the work plus the time spent waiting between stages all adds up, the dealerships can do it in a day but that's because the people they use aren't going to give you the time it takes to be perfect.

A lot of pros who'll do a perfect job on the paintwork with a layer of ceramic to finish or 2 layers with an hour in between layers will knock it over in a couple of days as that's all the client wants, Cuda's going for the burger with the lot.

Last edited:

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Cuda's going for the burger with the lot.
Yes, gonna be quite a treat
-Burger-meme-49559.jpg

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
and if he's like me and a few others I've spoken too he'll leave 24 hours to cure between layers

Hi

Spot on, I did speak to a distributor of a ceramic coating product a couple of years ago and his genuine concern was that the professionals that were applying the ceramic coating were not allowing at least 24 hours between coats all because the client wanted the car completed in a single day and never more than 2 full days. So the so called professionals were telling their clients she'll be right bring it in at 9am and get it back by 6pm same day.

Leaving a car with a professional detailer for a whole week allows the right amount of time between tasks to offer the best and longest lasting finish and protection for the vehicle.

Cuda's car is going to be very well finished and to an extremely high standard.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE