Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

DJ_m

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II. SS V Redline
City holden Adelaide have dropped there prices

REDHOT MSE Manual $67500 driveaway

My recent research of dealers around Melbourne indicates there are still quite a few cars around. One would assume that anyone who really wanted this vehicle bought one some time ago. Nonetheless, some dealers still seem to think that the MSE is a cash cow for their business - despite the cars gathering dust (or cobwebs in the case of the one I purchased). I had one dealer refuse to budge from $76k (an auto) and yet ended up buying one in Nitrate for $66,300 drive away at another dealer.
Dealer floorplans are going to be costing close to $5k per vehicle per annum at this price point, so you'd think there is only one way for prices to go given this stock has been in the yard for 6+ months.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Great to see there's deals to be found. I can't stress enough how good the MSE is. If these can be picked up for mid-60s now anyone that doesn't have one has to jump on board!! I paid $73k to get one of the first and am super in love with the car.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I think that price is plus on road costs, which brings it up around $72,000
Nup driveaway price
My recent research of dealers around Melbourne indicates there are still quite a few cars around. One would assume that anyone who really wanted this vehicle bought one some time ago. Nonetheless, some dealers still seem to think that the MSE is a cash cow for their business - despite the cars gathering dust (or cobwebs in the case of the one I purchased). I had one dealer refuse to budge from $76k (an auto) and yet ended up buying one in Nitrate for $66,300 drive away at another dealer.
Dealer floorplans are going to be costing close to $5k per vehicle per annum at this price point, so you'd think there is only one way for prices to go given this stock has been in the yard for 6+ months.

That would be the best price for a auto I've seen next best is 68K.

I know city holden had 5 or 6 at mid 70"s but have dropped there price, they didn't runout like holden/dealers though.

Interesting when there was short supply of redline and local dealer has 27 in stock wtf???? They have 2 MSE's as well

redline.JPG

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43
Got my current VF from Pennant Hills. Good sales staff. Though the jury is still out on their service dept.

You are on the money there, i just hope you don't get a warranty claim the service dept is SH!T. You will get your car back with unexplained marks and scratches, and they also like to bullsh!t you on what work that has been preformed. They swore blind to my face that i needed brake work, they had noticed it when they rotated my staggered wheels (WTF). Turned out brakes were fine ( car only had 25000km) wheels still had dust on them that they had when i took the car there no finger prints or hand marks though. Steer Clear

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
There are 189 unsold Motorsports across Australia, 86 auto and 103 manual.

NSW has 64 - (25 Auto/39 Manual)
QLD has 17 - (7 Auto/10 Manual)
SA has 22 - (10 Auto/12 Manual)
VIC has 67 - (37 Auto/30 Manual)
WA has 15 - (5 Auto/10 Manual)
4 are still showing as being Elizabeth Factory stock.

Martin Norris

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais 5.7
There are 189 unsold Motorsports across Australia, 86 auto and 103 manual.

NSW has 64 - (25 Auto/39 Manual)
QLD has 17 - (7 Auto/10 Manual)
SA has 22 - (10 Auto/12 Manual)
VIC has 67 - (37 Auto/30 Manual)
WA has 15 - (5 Auto/10 Manual)
4 are still showing as being Elizabeth Factory stock.
I'm not surprised with these numbers when you consider the antics performed by some of the dealerships in relation to selling these cars. I drive past Frankston Holden and see most of there allocation still sitting in their yard (most colours) where as Brighton Holden, who had a substantially larger allocation, have sold all their LE's bar 2 MSE's, 1 SOG manual ($66,980 DA), 1 Heron Auto ($68,980 DA) they also have several manual Redlines at $57,980 DA, all with 7 year warranty. It would appear things may not have worked out as planned for some of these dodgy dealerships, what a shame, not.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I'm not surprised with these numbers when you consider the antics performed by some of the dealerships in relation to selling these cars. I drive past Frankston Holden and see most of there allocation still sitting in their yard (most colours) where as Brighton Holden, who had a substantially larger allocation, have sold all their LE's bar 2 MSE's, 1 SOG manual ($66,980 DA), 1 Heron Auto ($68,980 DA) they also have several manual Redlines at $57,980 DA, all with 7 year warranty. It would appear things may not have worked out as planned for some of these dodgy dealerships, what a shame, not.

Far out they have 3 Directors re frankston