Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
May be best to ask all those suffering power steering issues that should have been corrected by a recall.

Hi

What exactly is the issue with the power steering? Is it an issue with the 2017 built Commodore?

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
AAMI lifetime repair warranty

We recently took advantage of RAC's lifetime repair warranty.....new car in 2007 had the paint keyed across multiple panels at 3 weeks old. Repaired under insurance. 2017, clear coat on one side of the car deteriorating to the extent that you could see sanding marks in the colur coat. Rang RAC who directed us to repairer. Visit repairer. Acknowledged their obligations and asked when we wanted it booked in. Couldn't have been any easier.

My understanding is that the repairer is contractually obligated to the insurer to provide the life time repair warranty so there is no cost to the insurer for same. If he repairer doesn't meet this obligation, they coould well find themselves without any work from the insurer.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
We recently took advantage of RAC's lifetime repair warranty.....new car in 2007 had the paint keyed across multiple panels at 3 weeks old. Repaied under insurance. 2017, clear coat on one side of the car deteriorating to the extent that you could see sanding marks in the colur coat. Rang RAC who directed us to repairer. Visit repairer. Acknowledged their obligations and asked when we wanted it booked in. Couldn't have been any easier.
Glad it worked out for you without hassles but wonder if it would have be as simple had you notice the paint issue in another 8 years. RACV handles things better than AAMI ever did did/does so i’m with them for all my insurances.

In any case, paint should have been done properly in the first instance and not redone again 10 years later so hope RACV provided a hire car (my guess is yes).

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
sadly, I expect if I have issues with my Holden, it will be arguments in the style of AAMI as I will not accept secondhand or reco-ed parts in my in warranty vehicle... and if it’s a major issue i’d be looking for a full refund in that case. Let’s hope I don’t have any issues as they are always a hassle...

But yeah, is the warranty worth the paper it’s printed on?

May be best to ask all those suffering power steering issues that should have been corrected by a recall.

You car is 2nd hand so they can fit rec0 parts if they see fit, remember all the ls1 rebuilds in early days people with 10000kms on clock and rebuilt motor

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
In any case, paint should have been done properly in the first instance and not redone again 10 years later so hope RACV provided a hire car (my guess is yes).

Correct, that's why they fixed it coz it wasn't done properly.

Unfortunately, no hire car.

Chubba

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV RDL
I re-negotiated the Magnum contract to include the 7 year warranty.
The DP said it would be an additional $550. I pointed to the(inflated) DD fees on the contract.
He smiled and said "We'll absorb that"...

Yes DD fees.....the most expensive car wash in the world(ok I know that's not all they do). That's great you were in a position to renegotiate the contract and gained a bit extra out of the deal . Unfortunately, I had no leverage as I had already taken vehicle delivery right on the cusp of when the extended warranty was first being offered plus my DD fee was reasonable (the DA price I ended up with mid last year was around where they are today with the sales). Technically, there was no obligation to give me the extended warranty however HCC came to the party. I think I paid 580 plus and whilst it would have been nice to get it in the deal it's negligible in the grander scheme to get the extra 4 years. B.T.W, hope your enjoying the Magnum!!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
My understanding is that the repairer is contractually obligated to the insurer to provide the life time repair warranty so there is no cost to the insurer for same. If he repairer doesn't meet this obligation, they coould well find themselves without any work from the insurer.
This may be true; but the agreement between you & the insurer is “it will get fixed”.
So if that repairer no longer exists, it’ll be corrected by someone else at the insurer’s cost.