Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Bloody hell, just when I think I can rest easy, now I start getting restless thinking of this...

Don’t want to compromise my long warranty - which was a real feature for me.

But dipping my toe in the water with something like a cat back DPE on its own, shouldn’t bother the warranty. Do you lose the bi-modal feature by going DPE? And is 2.5inch v 3 inch only going to be noticed if you’re going to go for a full system including headers?

No, the bi-modal feature was put back into the new exhaust, works just like from factory.
Can't answer the second question, just don't know. I chose the 3 inch system with 3.5 inch tips assuming bigger was better (and for looks).

V8 TIL 98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MSE

V8 TIL 98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MSE
Does it get droney at all on the freeway, or can you quieten it down by just selecting touring mode?

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Does it get droney at all on the freeway, or can you quieten it down by just selecting touring mode?

The DPE exhaust doesn't really have much drone and yes when I select tour mode the butterfly flaps close and it gets very quiet.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
@V8 TIL 98 2.5inch is better for N/A flow, bigger is better generally for FI. BUT 3 inch has a deeper sound than 2.5 by a bit. I like both and feel 2.5inch is faster attack sound and 3 is deeper, gentler at idel but a roar when opened up.

TTubrag

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Redline
Just received my insurance renewal and was pleased to find that NRMA had increased the market value of Motorsport to $75000.
OUCH! Did your annual premium increase to match?

DMAC0320

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Motorsport Edition
Mine as well is having this issue and I've only just hit 7000kms, I own a XR8 Sprint as well with 29,000kms on the clock and is yet to make any cabin noise what so ever. I'm going to take it back to the dealer in the next few days and i will post an update once i know more.
Hi mate, please let me know how you go. I took my car back to the dealers and after application of grease to the rubbers around the doors etc is seems to have quitened down a lot but not sure how long this lasts and how often I have to repeat etc.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Hi mate, please let me know how you go. I took my car back to the dealers and after application of grease to the rubbers around the doors etc is seems to have quitened down a lot but not sure how long this lasts and how often I have to repeat etc.
I posted elsewhere that I used Durex silicone lube. The end of the pack is perfect for spreading over the door rubber - it goes only where you want unlike an aerosol can. I figured that if it is OK with condoms it will be OK with door rubbers. It was on clearance at Coles for $2 at the time, so I bought 2 and I finally found a use for them.
My doors on the creaky car have been silent now for over 3 months and this has been an economical solution to the noise. The other car never creaked after 5 years.
I reckon I will get years out of the 2 tubes.