Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

mxp_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Searching ....
Some interesting price “revisions” by some dealers on advertised motorsports since yesterday’s announcement

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Some interesting price “revisions” by some dealers on advertised motorsports since yesterday’s announcement
They are dreaming..

Clintix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS Regal Peacock Sedan
Yes i noticed that as well, i was watching some cars on car sales and noticed dealers had dropped there prices on some new/demo Colorado

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
DBA is the same
Commodore VE / VF SSV Redline Brembo 2006 - on F DBA42604 355 50 32 30
https://dba.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/DBA-WALL-CHART-2019-FINAL-PRINT.pdf
DBA rotors must be the same spec as those provided by Holden since the caliper design hasn’t changed.

If a manufacturer chooses, they can design a longer lasting rotor via a longer safe caliper piston stroke. The longer safe piston stroke provides a larger difference between max & min rotor thickness. But where’s the money in having a customer replace rotors less frequently?

Yes it would add some extra weight but that would be irrelevant to road cars and marginal for pretend racers :eek:

Yes, seems common to have low rotor wear allowance but putting my tin foil hat on, it aint much difference to a 1000 hour light bulb consipicy of the 1930’s :rolleyes:

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
How many special editions are now starting to finish their warranty period?

V8 TIL 98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MSE
Not sure, but some of the last ones had 7 year factory warranty... not knowing that there wasn't going to be a factory to actually honour the warranties (other than in name only).

DMAC0320

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Motorsport Edition
General MSE (and probably LE) query: Anyone else suffered premature wear of disc brake rotors (pads fine) - below minimum thickness at 38,000km? Anyone noticed how the whole interior "creaks" over bumps and angles suggesting the entire unibody is flexing? Anybody developed valvetrain noise despite the rocker arm recall (especially audible when cold)?
Hi mate, haven’t been on for a while but wanted to see if you could help clarify what the rocker arm recall was all about as I have not heard anything about it? Is this something I should be addressing with Holden before my warranty expires? Also, I had issues with interior creaks etc but as mentioned earlier in this thread Holden applies some type of grease to all my door seals and windscreen etc and it really minimised the cabin noise. Also, I had to replace my brakes all the way around after 31k on the clock. Holden quoted me close to 4K but I got a mate to get parts at trade price from Sutton’s, discs and pads for all 4 cost me about 2600 in the end.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
There was a service bulletin regarding the batch of faulty rocker arms, tied to vehicle VIN number. LS3 engines with rocker arms within the batch range should have had them replaced at next service (if they didn't break before hand). Similar to the A/C firewall grommet and Magnum sill plate bulletins.