Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

V8 TIL 98

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MSE
Just had a question about the Motorsport car covers.

Not long after buying my car, I tried my own dealer (who sold me the car new) as well as going direct to their spares dept and they looked at me as if I had asked to order a pound of unobtanium. I also tried several other dealers, at the time, to order one and received the same reception to my request, despite me even quoting them the part number.

I even went to Covercraft (who make them for GMH) and they said I had to order it thru a dealer, as they were an “officially licensed item”. As I had no luck with the dealers, I then lost interest.

Now, years later, I’m back on the hunt. I’d be interested if anyone on here, who managed to successfully order one, could please point me to a dealer who would know what I was talking about, if I went to place an order for one.

Thanks.

Andrew Moon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Magnum
The only way you’ll get one now is if you find someone selling a secondhand cover. Sometimes people sell the car and keep the cover, key box and model car but sell later.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Now, years later, I’m back on the hunt. I’d be interested if anyone on here, who managed to successfully order one, could please point me to a dealer who would know what I was talking about, if I went to place an order for one.
A quick Google search yields

https://purfitcovers.com/products/2...ndoor-custom-car-cover?variant=40540809298091

So give them a call…

There was also a discussion about car covers in another thread on JC’s were I provided more links (but can’t remember the thread title) :p

PS: As I understand, the original cover supplied by Holden could only be ordered along with the vehicle at time of purchase. At the time of vehicle purchase you could also get your name embossed on the cover along with build number, or not, whatever was your preference. Sadly it wasn’t an orderable spare part post purchase.

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
A quick Google search yields

https://purfitcovers.com/products/2...ndoor-custom-car-cover?variant=40540809298091

So give them a call…

There was also a discussion about car covers in another thread on JC’s were I provided more links (but can’t remember the thread title) :p

But that’s not the original.

I’m looking for one for my Director and have the same issue. Can’t order from a stealership, can’t order from Covercraft.

Wanted the writing and number on the side.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
But that’s not the original.

I’m looking for one for my Director and have the same issue. Can’t order from a stealership, can’t order from Covercraft.

Wanted the writing and number on the side.
No it’s not the original Holden supplied cover. But as said in my post update PS before I saw your 2nd post, it’s not orderable post vehicle purchase. And as the original supplier seems bound by contract not to offer them, probably for some years, your stuck.

Ultimately, maybe you’ll be able to buy one form the OEM supplier and have it embroidered just like the original. But for now, near enough will have to be good enough unless you put a wanted add in the paper and offer multiple thousands to prise one out of the hands of an owner.

Alternatively you can have a dirty dusty car while you chase unobtainium at some exorbitant price :p

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
You would be very hard pressed to find one now or get a dealer to order one in as it was only able to be ordered at time of purchase with the car. You can get covercraft to send you one, but it will be a plain charcoal one without the director stuff on it.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Hello LE friends! I'm in Melbourne and am looking to do a few things to my MSE. I'm seeking advice generally, as well as any specific Melbourne recommendations. I'm not using my car much these days so these mods are track day focussed - that will be the primary use case of the MSE moving forward, otherwise the car will be in storage. I don't want to sell so I want to lean in and make the car even more focussed for its narrower use case.

1) Tyres: I've had a great time with RE003's on track but these don't seem to be available anymore. Bridgestone recommends Potenza Sport but S007 are also available and they look like a higher performance / better track day tyre. Anyone have any experience with either? I know others have enjoyed Michelin PS4S but they're very expensive. Open to that option if track performance is good. Thoughts?

2) Lowering: I know some of you have managed to lower your LE while maintaining MRC performance. I'm a newb here - what should I get? Don't want to go stupid low, but definitely want to close the gap a bit and also improve on track performance. Can anyone in Melb recommend someone who has experience with lowering MRC cars?

3) Front Rotors: I've done 6 track days and they're toast (waves on the surface). Can for sure feel the reduction in performance. I've seen costings for a few options on here and on FB a few times, seems that OEM replacement parts are stupidly expensive and most people switch to DBA. Again looking for specific suggestions, pros/cons etc, keeping in mind I want maximum track day performance. I found the OEM brakes did a fantastic job, so that level of performance is fine, that or better. Can anyone in Melb recommend someone who has experience with a MSE specifically?

Thanks in advance friends - Dre.

[paradox]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSV-R
Tyres: I've had a great time with RE003's on track but these don't seem to be available anymore. Bridgestone recommends Potenza Sport but S007
RE003s should still be available, its the S007s and S007As that arent, and are replaced by the Potenza Sport.
The PS4S are arguably the best street tyre for our cars at this point in time. otherwise you move into semi slick category.
Can anyone in Melb recommend someone who has experience with lowering MRC cars
most of the US guys just go kings with MRC, and then just get the MRC levels reset.
once the MRC shocks give up, then move on to coilovers. checkout shockworks given you are in VIC, otherwise MCA.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
Personally get onto semi slicks if it's going to do more track days then street driving. Also look into koya wheels and get some 18 or 19s for unsprung mass and may open different semi slicks tyre manufacturers (toyo, nankang, khumo, Yokohama etc). I'm hearing good things about Zestino Gredge 07rs/07r semis. Stick away from PS4s for track work. Their shoulders aren't stiff enough for the commodore and the front end washes away. I've been using Nitto invo for street/track. Have been great for track work and OK for street. Will look into Zestino 07r next as I daily my car and do a few track days. DBA 5000 or the t3 4000 slotted will suffice. Apparently the matching dba pads are good. Ferodo ds2500/3000, pagid also make a good track/road pad.

Last edited: