Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden commodore Vf sv6 2015

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I guess Ford did provide a Falcon performance car replacement with the Mustang at a reasonable price. Holden's effort with the Camaro wasn't close, duration or price wise.
That’s ’cos Dearborn could be arsed with Mustang, whereas getting Camaro here involved a fight with Detroit including paying too much for the car in the first place (and which is inferior to a Commodore).

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
That’s ’cos Dearborn could be arsed with Mustang, whereas getting Camaro here involved a fight with Detroit including paying too much for the car in the first place (and which is inferior to a Commodore).
The 6th Gen Camaro (Alpha platform). The 5th Gen Camaro should have been a Monaro, it was built on the Zeta platform and was designed from the start as RHD/LHD capable. (Have lusted after a 5th Gen Z/28 since they were released)

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Have you looked inside the Zeta Camaro? It’s very 1997-spec Hyundai in there!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you looked inside the Zeta Camaro? It’s very 1997-spec Hyundai in there!
Yeah, but I still want a Z/28!

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Have lusted after a 5th Gen Z/28 since they were released
That's where the HSV 340 intake tube came from! The model was a great shape and looked good I agree.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
The 6th Gen Camaro (Alpha platform). The 5th Gen Camaro should have been a Monaro, it was built on the Zeta platform and was designed from the start as RHD/LHD capable. (Have lusted after a 5th Gen Z/28 since they were released)

From what Ive researched, seems GM just knocked off most of Zeta and shrunk it for Alpha. Goes to show that whilst it wasn't the fanciest thing in the world, the Holden engineers did a pretty great job with Zeta

That's where the HSV 340 intake tube came from! The model was a great shape and looked good I agree.

Agree with you both, the 5th Gen Camaro I feel now looks rather timeless. Whilst I thought the 6th Gen Camaro looked cool initially, now im thinking it has the problem of the C8 Corvette. Very loud and gaudy, looked great upon release, but will look hideous in 10 years time

And the yanks had the audacity to say the VF looked like a Malibu. Frankly they must have had $hit in their eyes!

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
From what Ive researched, seems GM just knocked off most of Zeta and shrunk it for Alpha. Goes to show that whilst it wasn't the fanciest thing in the world, the Holden engineers did a pretty great job with Zeta

Agree with you both, the 5th Gen Camaro I feel now looks rather timeless. Whilst I thought the 6th Gen Camaro looked cool initially, now im thinking it has the problem of the C8 Corvette. Very loud and gaudy, looked great upon release, but will look hideous in 10 years time

And the yanks had the audacity to say the VF looked like a Malibu. Frankly they must have had $hit in their eyes!
Would much prefer a C7 over a C8, going mid-engined lost it's 'Corvetteness'...

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Ah for me you cant be the LS powered c6.
The C6 Corvette is what the VF electronics are based on. You can get into the VF with US scan tools selecting the C6 Corvette. I've tried Camaro's but they won't seem to communicate with VF. Recently, some of the US scan tools have added Chev SS and that communicates with VF of course.

NJD-1992

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF-S2 SV6 Commodore
Would much prefer a C7 over a C8, going mid-engined lost it's 'Corvetteness'...

Agreed, the C7 looks fantastic, especially in Stingray and Grand Sport Guise. ZR1 flavour got bit too dodgy viper that's not a dodge viper look IMO. I love the look of rear tail lights with the black batwing type accents, makes them look politely sinister

Ah for me you cant be the LS powered c6.

One of my favourite Top Gear reviews of all time was the C6 ZR1, when Jeremy compared it to the Audi R8
Very serious German review of the R8

To the opening line of "This is the Corvette ZR1........which is EXTREMELY Fast!"
Straight into massive rolling LS9 burnout