Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Factory lowering

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
mine got lowered with pedders pre delivery, warranty no issue.
but everyone needs to remember that doesnt really matter if dealer does it or not.... warranty will still be fine as long as person who does the work is licensed to do so. you 'might' have a drama with dealers regarding premature shock replacement (because they can claim the lowered springs caused it), but even then it's up to the individual dealer.

bottom line, dont let a dealer scare you into doing the work "because warranty wont be covered otherwise". thats a load of crap.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
oh, and just a side note regarding mirror/reflective tint.... pretty sure its not legal in NSW, but Im not 100%.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
oh, and just a side note regarding mirror/reflective tint.... pretty sure its not legal in NSW, but Im not 100%.

You're right.. mirror tint is illegal - but metal tint, whilst slightly reflective, isn't classed as mirror tint, and is legal, providing it's at 35% (check that figure) or higher.

M500

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Ute
Be sure to check that they install progressive rate springs, this will give you a much better ride and handling. I have H & R springs in my ute and it is great. Drives better than my brothers VE Calais sedan with Pedders springs. Also the ute doesn't sag or scrape when the tray is fully loaded.

Last edited:

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
You're right.. mirror tint is illegal - but metal tint, whilst slightly reflective, isn't classed as mirror tint, and is legal, providing it's at 35% (check that figure) or higher.

no probs.... i knew there was something I read somewhere about it :).

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
hey just got in contact with the dealer and asked for prices, they want 550 to lower the car maintains the warranty. any one had any expieriences with having the dealer lower the car and how it drives etc
thanks guys

Ok - for a start there is no such thing as "Holden Factory Lowering". The closest you will get is Fe2 which is an option on some cars (std fitment on others). As others have said, the local dealers usually outsource anything aftermarket beyond this. Be aware that such modifications are neither encouraged, nor warranted by Holden Limited.

As far as warranty is concerned, I'd ask for such guarantees in writing from the person claiming it. If Holden Limited know about it, they will not warrant any suspension related items such as premature tyre wear, shock & bush/rubber wear etc. Of course Holden do have to realize that a modification has been made. It is unlikely that such mods will affect other parts of the drivetrain and/or body warranty though.

Reaper