Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden fire sale

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
There have been all sorts of claims and rumours thrown about by the media and on various forums about discounts Holden will be giving on remaining stock.
I'm keen on a Colorado LTZ (4x4 auto) and the lowest price I have seen so far is $40,990 d/a.
I'm hoping that this will drop to low-mid 30's although being one of the better sellers in the range this may be wishful thinking.

Any thoughts? I would be interested in hearing what sort of prices others have been quoted.
Some inside info would be nice too:D

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Any dealer having purchased their own stock that they are holding won't have that much to play with unless GM are going to reimburse them for their losses which I can hardly see happening. It'll be the unsold stock that's sitting in the GM holding yards that will be heavily discounted as I'm sure they want to wrap this whole sad scenario up and disappear as quick as possible. Show me whenever GM has done anything that is good toward their customers.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
From what I've read, the "heavily discounted" prices are suppossed to start until March.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
They should be made to pay back Holden retailers the deafferents in loses or I see a law suit happening, they been the ones selling the product for them for 80 years or there about so be only fair to give them the refund they deserved to match the fire sale prices.
Can Holden sell cars direct from the factory to the public, I thought that would require a different licence? Maybe they use a Auction system.

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Any dealer having purchased their own stock that they are holding won't have that much to play with unless GM are going to reimburse them for their losses which I can hardly see happening. It'll be the unsold stock that's sitting in the GM holding yards that will be heavily discounted as I'm sure they want to wrap this whole sad scenario up and disappear as quick as possible. Show me whenever GM has done anything that is good toward their customers.
x2

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Dealers have already said they are going to "move around" the discount offered by Holden /GM. so it sounds a lot like the banks not passing on the full interest rate cuts from the reserve bank. Half in the pocket, half off the price. Let's see.
Got to say though, the Colorado is the only one I'd even think about buying to be honest although the ZB isn't a bad car to drive.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Dealers were greedy and holding out for full price on run out VF models so no doubt they will do the same now. ZB's will go cheap but the more popular models like Colorado won't get anywhere the same discounts.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline

Yeah I thought that would be the case with the stock already at dealers, but they are going to have no choice but to sell under cost. I did read somewhere that the cost for GM to wind up Holden was $1.6b and part of this was to compensate dealers for clearing stock.

It would be interesting to know how much Colorado stock Holden has sitting in yards in Aus, how much is on a ship halfway here and how much is still waiting to depart Thailand.

I'm assuming the Thailand factory immediately stopped all production for Aus when the announcement was made, however I read somewhere that the factory will continue producing cars until the end of the year???

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
Dealers were greedy and holding out for full price on run out VF models so no doubt they will do the same now. ZB's will go cheap but the more popular models like Colorado won't get anywhere the same discounts.

Its a completely different set of circumstances now though, so they may not have a choice.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I'm assuming the Thailand factory immediately stopped all production for Aus when the announcement was made

I'm 100% positive that these details would've been organised quietly some time back to minimise collateral damage. This decision to wind up Holden has been on the drawing board for quite some time. We just didn't want to think about it, nor did GM want to inflict it back on October 17 2018. It was always going to happen, just when was the question. They've been bullshitting us for 2 years now.

As far as dealers are concerned they have absolutely nothing to lose as they'll do anything to keep their heads above water and not even think about any loyalty factors towards GM, as why would you look after someone that's just cut your lunch and then thrown you to the wolves ?