Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden forced to tweak Cruze

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Holden forced to tweak Cruze

Holden has made changes to its Cruze small car just weeks after launching it. By RICHARD BLACKBURN.

Holden has introduced a running change to the automatic transmission on its Cruze small car just weeks after launching the vital new model.
The company said the change, which is designed to make gear shifts smoother under hard acceleration and when the engine is cold, was made in response to internal evaluation of the car by Holden engineers, rather than any customer complaints.
But the six-speed automatic petrol version of the car has been criticised by motoring journalists for its lack of performance and imprecise, jerky gear shifts.
The news will come as a blow to the car maker, which has high expectations for the Korean-built small car.
The Cruze, which will be built in Australia from next year, is a vital car to Holden as it is shaping as the company’s lone entrant in the biggest segment of the car market.
The company recently discontinued its Viva small car and is expected to drop the long-running Astra nameplate from its line-up in coming months.
The running change, which affects roughly 400 vehicles in customer hands and hundreds more in dealer stock, involves a software change to the car’s electronic control unit. It doesn't affect diesel versions of the car.

Holden forced to tweak Cruze - www.drive.com.au

holden-cruz_M_m.jpg

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
A pretty minor update really. Most owners wouldn't even realize if nothing was said. Holden really needs this car to work for them. I wonder how far away it is when cars will live update over the net every time you turn on the ignition?

Reaper

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'm just impressed that they can stick a Holden badge on it and sell 400 allready!:)

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
all of us Commodore owners wouldnt notice jerky gear shifts :whistling

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
I'm just impressed that they can stick a Holden badge on it and sell 400 allready!:)
It's not that bad. MUCH better then the Viva and Epica crap boxes. What everyone forgets is that it is a global car, it's not a Daewoo it's just assembled there. You shouldn't judge a car solely on where it is put together. e.g. VW Golfs are made in South Africa, and their QC is excellent.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
It's not that bad. MUCH better then the Viva and Epica crap boxes. What everyone forgets is that it is a global car, it's not a Daewoo it's just assembled there. You shouldn't judge a car solely on where it is put together. e.g. VW Golfs are made in South Africa, and their QC is excellent.

"Global" hey. Guess thats why they sell it in Europe against the Golf etc... Oh no wait, they don't. In Europe GM have the Astra, Corsa and Insignia. Actual quality cars.

Volkswagen in Germany had sole responsibility for the Golf, its then just built in South Africa. The Cruze was not the sole responsibility of a quality german manufacturer like VW or even Opel, Opel had input, but its still a GM Daewoo car, but im sure Holden will sell plenty, just because the Australian public aren't the smartest bunch (luckily for Rudd).

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
"Global" hey. Guess thats why they sell it in Europe against the Golf etc... Oh no wait, they don't. In Europe GM have the Astra, Corsa and Insignia. Actual quality cars.

Volkswagen in Germany had sole responsibility for the Golf, its then just built in South Africa. The Cruze was not the sole responsibility of a quality german manufacturer like VW or even Opel, Opel had input, but its still a GM Daewoo car, but im sure Holden will sell plenty, just because the Australian public aren't the smartest bunch (luckily for Rudd).

Have you driven or even been in one yet? They're well appointed, safe, economical, good looking and well built. A serious competitor against the Corolla and Mazda 3. I'd much rather have a Cruze than say, a VN Commodore ;) :yeah:

I agree the auto transmission needed tweaking - it was jerky and slugish. Good thing we bought a manual then! But good on Holden for taking prompt action to rectify the issue.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
im just waiting for my sisters company Astra to be replaced with a Cruze then I'll given an opinion :thumbsup:

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
you call that a tweak? here was I thinking they'd dropped an LS motor into it to address the average performance :D