Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden forced to tweak Cruze

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
About time holden done something like this, i say its a new age at holden. In the past they would have over looked something small and maybe fixed it later down the road. But today they make changes running changes on models for the better. About time and well done.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
About time holden done something like this, i say its a new age at holden. In the past they would have over looked something small and maybe fixed it later down the road. But today they make changes running changes on models for the better. About time and well done.

This has been commonplace with the VE. They have a lot of minor running changes along the way.

Reaper

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
pity i liked the astra

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
This has been commonplace with the VE. They have a lot of minor running changes along the way.

Reaper
I'm very happy with that.

The new guy running holden is more on the engineering side. The last bloke was on the money cutting side, he had no idea.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
I'm very happy with that.

The new guy running holden is more on the engineering side. The last bloke was on the money cutting side, he had no idea.

Lol - the money cutting side is the bit that kept them from being sold off or worse!

Reaper

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
lol if they did a press bulletin for the ve's thered be an article like this every week.......

obviously news was slow this week, every manufacotry has firmware updates to address issues with cars

S.O.S

White chicks on hey hey!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
Lol - the money cutting side is the bit that kept them from being sold off or worse!

Reaper
Last guy who ran holden was called razor, holden had said he done a gm to them. When he left the jokes was made he left without a car, perhaps not even a goodbye.

This new dude is very organised on the engineering side, and balanced on the financial side. Word from holden is they work very well with him in all areas.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Have you driven or even been in one yet? They're well appointed, safe, economical, good looking and well built. A serious competitor against the Corolla and Mazda 3. I'd much rather have a Cruze than say, a VN Commodore ;) :yeah:

I've been in one, not driven. I agree with you that it is well apointed and safe, but its not overly economical for its class or engine size and its build quality isn't better than competitors like the fiesta/focus, mazda 3 etc. And the Corolla is a shitbox, but in terms of quality im pretty sure most people would take a Mazda 3 or a Fiesta/Focus or even an i30. And i'd much rather have an M5 over say, an 09 commodore. Hell I haven't driven any model commodore since January 2008. But im not sure how comparing a car that costs 10x more than the other and is 20 years newer is really relevant.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Yes but this is all just your own opinion. That's what I was getting at with the comparison with a VN - sorry if that was a cheap shot.

Whilst shopping around for a second car, I thought the Cruze was in fact better built than the Mazda 3 and Hyundai i30. And definitely far nicer inside. The Fiesta/Focus we didn't even look at, so I can't comment on that.

holden boy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx s
dam if they want another small car hurry the hell up and bring back the torana :)
im waiting and waiting im saving and saving to get me one of them new