Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Noob

Q

Quintin

Hey all

New around here so thought id show you my impression of the ute i got yesterday. Couple weeks and this is what i want it to look like. The Wheels are 18" BSA 291's... what next? i dont know as ive never owned a big holden before. ive always had hondas and that.

vbgarage.php

miss ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS S2
good on ya for seeing the light! :D
congrats on the new ride, I would suggest body kit first up.......although I havnt seen the wheels it came with.
Looks like a clean ute, sorry to say this but I reckon the after market tonneau looks a bit too ford'ish

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
Hi there and welcome to Just Commodores :wave: It's always good to see new members that have just seen the light. :yeah:

Looks like u have got yourself a nice clean ride there, great starting point. Personally , I would be ditching the tonneau cover and going for a colour coded hard shell one I just think its looks more streamlined. Bodykit would be good too, but if not whole kit at least front bumper. And low is always good :yeah: (unless its a work ute which might be impractical :eek: ). Thats just a few ideas to make your ute aesthetically pleasing performance mods is a whole other topic lol.

Really at this stage there is so many things you could do its just a case of personal preference (and $$$$ :bang: ) Best thing I can recommend if you are not too familiar with commodores is to look at as many you can and see what takes your fancy, then if u have any questions ask away here- you will find the members are very helpful and friendly :) Oh yeah, also before you put too much of your hard earned cash into your new pride and joy I would highly recommend putting a decent aftermarket security system in (if it doesn't have one already).

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
Hi Quentin and welcome ;)

Nice looking ute. First thing I would do if it was mine would be either colour coding front and rear bumpers, or adding a mild bodykit to take away the sharp edges of the VS.

It really depends on what you want out of it. Performance or looks or both. If you do a search here you'll find plenty of threads about initial performance upgrades, which should give you a good idea of what is usually done.

Keep us updated
Bec :wave:

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
hmmm, are those mags actualy on that car? or is it a photo chop thing? cause it just dont look right, something is missing from the wheels,

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Garth said:
hmmm, are those mags actualy on that car? or is it a photo chop thing? cause it just dont look right, something is missing from the wheels,
Quintin said:
New around here so thought id show you my impression of the ute i got yesterday. Couple weeks and this is what i want it to look like.
It's chopped mate:yeah:
AirStrike :air:

S

scott8888

Hi

Nice to make your aquantance (spelling?)
anyway, a picture for you. :wave:

Attachments

• newbie3.jpg
    newbie3.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 198
Q

Quintin

Hey good response. thanks for sayin g'day. yes the ute will be lowered, with 18's and the bumpers colored. the tonneau is another story seeing as they cost as much as a good head unit. (quoted $1100 fitted) but agreed they look way better

dunno about body kits i have never really liked them although ive seen the newer model ones with a tuff hsv style bumper. i hate those cars getting around with just bumpers on them, they look half finished and front heavy imo.

i get it back from the stereo shop this afternoon cant wait. forst mod of course = creature comforts = big bass ooooh yeah! :eek:

Bec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6L Wagon
Quintin said:
i hate those cars getting around with just bumpers on them, they look half finished and front heavy imo.
Hehe I don't like them either....and I own one :w00t:
At least it's not as noticable as most...
Bec :wave:

R

rattattack1313

very observant, Garth....same wheel, different places...lol..gotta love photshop!!!