Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden SS Commodore 355ci Stroker *RVN 355 *

What should i do next into 2008?

• Finish off Vr Caprice Consol

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Remove Vr Caprice Consol, Run B & M setup,no air con vents,custom elec window switches

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Save For COME Twin Throttle Body Manifold

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Cut & Polish,Full Detail,Boot Install

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters
P

Pav

get the new 460 torque power big baw then :D its a huge holden motor just fits in no one would know its almost a big block :D everything is good about it tho none of the holden traits like its got 4 bolt mains a good oiling system etc etc.

Yeah, for only a trillion dollars more than the 383 lol. But yeah, doesn't it chew out like 700hp with a single plane manifold?

THE STATESMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ STATESMAN SV90 VQ CAPRICE WL CAPRICE
Remove Vr Caprice Consol, Run B & M setup,no air con vents,custom elec window switches

Why no air con vents with the B&M and custom switches? Mine still works fine with all that stuff and ive got extra wiring for the cigarette lighter in the console lid.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Why no air con vents with the B&M and custom switches? Mine still works fine with all that stuff and ive got extra wiring for the cigarette lighter in the console lid.
decided no B & M mate will get Neat to re do my leather same as consol lid now with red piping.

Last edited:

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
get the new 460 torque power big baw then :D its a huge holden motor just fits in no one would know its almost a big block :D everything is good about it tho none of the holden traits like its got 4 bolt mains a good oiling system etc etc.
Who said Holden never had 4 bolt mains? ;)

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
i'm kinda ji-jacking your thread sorry :p

Yeah, for only a trillion dollars more than the 383 lol. But yeah, doesn't it chew out like 700hp with a single plane manifold?
yep he said that 700hp was undercammed also and i think a couple things arnt finished yet. it broke the dyno on one run apparently. if u wanna do all the stuff to a holden motor to make it equal ie make it a 383 4 bolt mains roller cam 6 bold heads fix the oiling system etc etc it works out cheaper to get the big paw pluss you get a much better motor and its huger!

this puts the holden 4 bolt to shame from what i have been reading :p but yeah sorry holden did have 4 bolt and also a roller cam.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Holden never had an engine with 4 bolt mains............:whistling

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
i'm kinda ji-jacking your thread sorry :p

yep he said that 700hp was undercammed also and i think a couple things arnt finished yet. it broke the dyno on one run apparently. if u wanna do all the stuff to a holden motor to make it equal ie make it a 383 4 bolt mains roller cam 6 bold heads fix the oiling system etc etc it works out cheaper to get the big paw pluss you get a much better motor and its huger!

this puts the holden 4 bolt to shame from what i have been reading :p but yeah sorry holden did have 4 bolt and also a roller cam.

why not get a solid cam instead? lol:D

nathans1987

Reaction score
Website
4316.awardspace.com
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7L M6
why not get a solid cam instead? lol:D

yes a solid roller cam :D you can have solid of both types. roller solid is better hehe. so yeah if u wanna be different it would be awesome to see a vn with one :p if u have a spare 20k or whatever they cost hehe. there is already a long wait for one tho.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Holden never had an engine with 4 bolt mains............:whistling

I bet if you look under the carpet on most HSV's it will say
Holden Motor Company. Customer. HSV

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
25th - 29th Feb 2008 SVM SA

1.Custom Made Overflow Bottle Aluminium & Tig Welded customised With New Washer Motor Hidden Rear Of Bottle...

washerbtlresizehp1.jpg

washerbtlresize2bt9.jpg

engine29th2nd2008ks1.jpg

2. Interior Plastic Chrome Parts Should Arrive within the next 10 working days

2nd March 2008

Washer Bottle Billet Cap measured up and designed -Growly Custom Machining (MATT)

March / April 2008 List Of Mods

1. Dyno Tune
  2. Instal Chrome (Polished) Ignition Module.
  3. Hide Engine Wiring.
  4. Re Do Re Walls 10mm there a big faded atm.
  5. Nolathane Evo Bush Enhancement Kit
  6. Monroe Short Shockers
  7. Adjustable Nolathane Panhard Rod
  8. Tint Windows
  9. Install Plastic Chrome Interior Parts.

Last edited: